Secondary IF
Options

IVF denial, anyone have a sample appeal letter?

I'm trying to start IVF again, my husband has a balanced translocation that is so severe natural conception isn't an option for us, we were able to have a child with IVF/PGD and want to start for a second however the ins. company denied us coverage saying we aren't fertile (i had 4 prior losses with before my 1st child). I need to write an appeal letter and have no idea where to start. I'm not even sure this is the right board I apologize if not....

Re: IVF denial, anyone have a sample appeal letter?

• Options
    sorry i meant to say we aren't infertile...
  • Options

I know with me I am on an arthritis medicine that costs $2,000 a month.  The insurance company denied us but it was my doctor who wrote a letter of medical necessity.  Basically that doctor said b/c of the severity of diagnoses this is the only form of treatment that will be successful. 

So that is what I recomend you do have your RE submit the letter stating your DH does have infertility.  All other options have either been tried or ruled out; and so the only viable option is IVF.  I think you will have much more success coming from your doctor Smile

Oh and welcome to the board!!!!

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageniccole_e:
    I'm trying to start IVF again, my husband has a balanced translocation that is so severe natural conception isn't an option for us, we were able to have a child with IVF/PGD and want to start for a second however the ins. company denied us coverage saying we aren't fertile (i had 4 prior losses with before my 1st child). I need to write an appeal letter and have no idea where to start. I'm not even sure this is the right board I apologize if not....

I had to write an appeal to change my coverage not really the same exact but I will tell you what I did when writing the insurance. If it is your husband's coverage then write it coming from his point of view. I wrote my letter VERY heart felt and told them everything as far as my condition and how it would kill me not to be able to have another baby. It was good lol. I made sure I always made it coming from his feeling. I thought they would see his softer side. They accepted it with no questions asked. We start IVF soon so let me know if I can help you out. Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"