North Carolina Babies

Cat and baby gate -- cross your fingers for us!

You may recall from some of my other posts that one of our cats has been acting out more since Natalie was born -- peeing on the carpet and in the sink. ?Right before Christmas I had the carpet replaced in the extra bedroom (had been empty) which we have since converted to the playroom. ?Previously, she peed once in Natalie's room on her just-washed cloth diaper bag. ?Last month, we discovered she started peeing in the Bonus Room. ?Now this week, I've discovered she's peed in the bathtub where Natalie's duck tub is and back in the same spot in the playroom (where we have the new carpet) even though we've tried to be pretty diligent about keeping her out of there. ?She has officially peed in every room upstairs!! ?I'm almost on my last straw -- especially now that Natalie is crawling; I don't want her crawling through cat pee! ?We've tried so many suggestions and so far none seem to be working. ?

But last night DH finally put the baby gate up by our stairs upstairs (she's only peed upstairs -- that I know of!). ?And so far, she can't jump over the gate so she's stuck hanging out downstairs. ?I'm hoping this stops her from wanting to pee everywhere because she can't get to the places she normally pees. ?This is our last option. ?I really hope this works because I don't want to give away my cat, especially since I doubt we'll find someone that will take (and keep) a cat that pees around the house. ?Keep your fingers crossed for us. ?

If she starts peeing downstairs, I may loose it!?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Cat and baby gate -- cross your fingers for us!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"