Options

***Katiepitt***

02-25-2009 at 5:19 PM

Katiepitt

Joined on 02-05-2009

Abilene, TX

18 Posts

377 Points

--> -->My cervix went from a 3.8 to less than 1 cm in just 4 days. It was also funneling. I was admitted to the hospital in Abilene that day. I was 25 weeks. A couple of days later I had a positive FFN test and transported by ambulance to Harris Methodist in Fort Worth. I have been here ever since. They didn't think I would make it to 28 weeks and here I am at 30! Every woman is different and apparently I have been going against the odds. Just really adhere to the strict bedrest and hope for the best! That's all you can do. Good luck. Also, what hospital are you delivering at?

Hi...Thank you for your response.  Stories like yours and you being able to hold on longer than they expected really are encouraging and keep my spirits up.  I know it may sound silly that hearing things from strangers does this but I am looking for a light at the end of a tunnel no matter where that tunnel comes from. 

I am delivering at Medical City Dallas, so on the other side of town from Harris.  Are you or your family military related?  I have a friend that is stationed at Dyess there in Abilene.  It must be hard being away from your home during a time like this.  I sure hope your family and friends are able to visit you often.

Please keep me posted with your progress an maybe I can figure out this Private Message thing one day too.  I truly wish you and your baby the best and hope your baby stays put and baking away for many more weeks to come!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ***Katiepitt***

• Options

I'm glad I can still be encouraging. I have been really down the last couple of weeks because I am so sick of being in this hospital. All the names on the rooms around me are changing and it really gets me down. I see people getting sent home on bedrest and I don't understand why my Dr. won't let me go to my parents who live nearby. So it's definitely good to hear that I can still be encouraging to someone if not myself!

?No we are not military related. I just graduated from Abilene Christian and my DH had graduated a while before so he has a great job. It's been really hard being away from home and my DH is sick of being home without me. But I definitely know I'm in better care here. I actually grew up in North Richland Hills so I have lots of friends and family that visit (more than I would have in Abilene). So that has been really nice!?

I will let you know if I ever find anything different out and please keep me posted on you as well. ?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"