Health & Exercise
Options

Lacking What?

I am losing a lot of hair lately and am tired a lot...does anyone know what I may be lacking in my diet?
Praying this little one sticks!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Lacking What?

• Options

i was going to say, talk to your doctor about thyroid

but you have pcos = there's your hair loss

you have a four month old = that's why you're tired

• Options

I asked my OB about the PCOS and hair loss and she didn't think it would cause that as it can cause excess hair on the body.  Thanks for the info cause I wondered if it was that!

I knew the tired could easily be my baby but with the hair loss wondered if it was something else.

Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

hair loss can occur a few months after giving birth...can't remember where i read that but try googling it.  also you may want to check your iron levels as anemia can contribute to both hair loss and fatigue and of course is common after giving birth.

good luck

• Options

Yeah, 3-6 months after birth, many women lose a lot of hair.  During pregnancy, you actually don't shed as much hair as normal - the hormone changes cause your body to hang on to hair it would normally shed.  That's why so many pregnant women have lush, full, thick hair.  It's not actually growing faster or thicker - you just don't lose nearly as much.  But when the hormones go away, you start losing what you would normally have lost during that 9 months, plus what you would lose on average and together it appears to be huge amounts of hair.  Clumps of hair even.

It's likely very, very normal, but if it continues, see your doctor again.

As for your diet - make sure you are taking in adequate fruits and vegetables and whole grains rather than processed foods and junk calories, and make sure you are taking a multi-vitamin every single day.  Get away from as much refined sugar as possible to avoid sugar crashes.  That should help.  Additionally, if you are not already, start exercising. The first couple of weeks will suck, but then you'll get back a lot of energy, sleep better, feel more rested and less tired.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Options
    Good info...thanks!
  • Options

Iron may account for the lack of energy.

There is an issue that some women face after pregnancy where they lose their hair. My BF had that. See your doctor for treatment options. She went on certain vitamins and started using a special shampoo. Her hair loss has stopped and is growing back.

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My BFF has a 6 month old and BFs and noticed the same thing.  Alarmed, she contacted her OB and was assured that it does happen while your hormones regulate again.  I would recommend asking your doctor as it could be something else.  You might also look into incorporating some Omega 3-6-9 supplements into you daily routine..either with flax seeds or fish oil caps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"