Preemies
Options

Toddler + Oxygen = No Fun

Having to chase a two year -old on the move while being hooked up to oxygen is no fun.    We had to put Olivia back on oxygen 24x7 (vs. just for sleeping and evenings) because we are having a hard time putting/keeping weight on her.  She dropped down to 22 lbs. and after increasing her feeds 3 times she still didn't put on a significant amount of weight.   We are trying the oxygen for 2 weeks to see if makes a difference with her weight and her reflux.

Her reflux has gotten worse lately so we can't really push more volume.  If this doesn't work we have to try some higher calorie concentrated formulas that are 1.5 cals per ounce.  

So, while we try this I have to interpet Olivia's screams as being either normal frustration, indicating she wants something or she is stuck.   The first two require her to then do some signs or something to tell me what she wants and the last one just requires me to figure out where she is stuck. Because seriously folks, oxygen cords can get stuck under, over or around pretty much anything.

Thanks for listening to me vent :)

Re: Toddler + Oxygen = No Fun

• Options
    argh! ?i can't imagine how frustrated she must be. how many times have you gotten tangled in the cord too? ?i'll say a prayer that she packs on the pounds.
  • Options
    Poor baby, and the rest of the family.  I was hoping they would decrease her oxygen.  I know you must be frustrated.  I wish I could help you like you've helped me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugh.. you poor thing! I'm already anticipating having trouble with Robbie's feeding tube once he's mobile. I can't imagine oxygen, too!

• Options
    Wow, that sounds tough!  I hope she starts packing on the pounds soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"