Secondary IF

NBR: Please help me to pick paint colors :)

Just thought you ladies may want to jump in with some of your wonderful ideas! I need sooo much help! I cannot design for the life of me (well, maybe I'm not THAT bad....), but I can't pick paint colors. You see... we have to pick paint for the following rooms...

• living room (TV room)
  • kitchen
  • entryway & hallway
  • future DC bedroom
  • guest bedroom
  • DDs bathroom (I was thinking to continue the tropical fish theme)

So, any PIP of rooms that you LOVE would be awesome!!!

Background info: We have DD only so far, but plan on (hope for, PRAY for) another baby in the very near future (you hear that, eggs??? fertilize damnit!) and I have to paint the extra bedroom a color that would work for a future DC (gender neutral). Strange, I know. But we are renovating our entire house now, so colors have to be picked now. Won't have time to paint later (and really wouldn't want to). So, as you may be able to tell by DD's crib theme (Aloha Baby), we're not socially conforming with pink for girls, blue for boys...

https://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/lai/lai61006v_pop1_lai61006v.html

So I painted her room like a light, bright aqua blue called something like Tropical Waterfall or something. Works for her decor of tropical fish and surfboards. But what color to paint the other rooms in the house? Our master bedroom is chosen already, and I'm guessing I'll paint DD's room a tropical color that would match her theme... or should I move her on since she'll be out of a crib in like 6 mos and stowe away the crib bedding for future DC? WWYD? Help!? TIATongue Tied

Re: NBR: Please help me to pick paint colors :)

• You know what I did?  I visited a bunch of gorgeous model homes in Las Vegas.  That is how I picked all of my colors.  I'm not good at picking things on my own but I am WONDERFUL at copying others good taste.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Ooooh it's so hard without seeing your furniture, art work, etc. I will say that maybe you should assume that DS is going to be in the guest room once the new baby arrives (hopefully sooner rather than later). That way you can keep her room the same since the theme is pretty gender neutral. Then you can start looking at her big girl bedding and then plan the colors, theme around that. As for the rest of your house...it's hard to tell you since I can't see it, but be careful of all bright colors in different rooms It might be a bit much so maybe if you like color, pick a few bright rooms and then hallways a more neutral color. Hmmmm, so hard. One thing to consider in your main room is pick a color you like and then go 2-3 shades lighter and use that for your hallways. That's what we did and it really brings the whole house together. Then our bedrooms have more color.?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"