Indiana Babies
Options

So burnt

I am tanning for my sister's wedding (less than a month go go!) and I got so burnt last night.  It was only my second time, and I should have stuck with my first instinct to go for only 10 minutes.  I went for 15 instead and am paying for it. I think the bed had to have new bulbs though.  My back and stomach are so burnt, my back is the worst.  I can barely move and forget about leaning back on my chair.  I wore a silky top today, just so it would feel better.  Ugh, I can't wait until I can go home and take this darn bra off and have DH put some lotion on me.  I just had to whine for a minute.  :) 

Anyone else have a whine they want to get out?

Re: So burnt

• Options

I have a whine...Jake wants to keep the puppy. I always said to him we would have a baby before we had another puppy, and I know the puppy wasn't planned but I just wasn't wanting a puppy right now.

Also he is not the one home all day housetraining her and dealing with her chewing and biting on things. And he keeps telling me its just puppy behaviour she'll grow out of it. I know that. You don't have to tell me that everyday when you asked how she was and I tell you that she pottied in the house so many times and bit me so many times, or I have so many more holes in my jeans from her teeth.

Plus MIL then told me "well a baby is a lot harder than a puppy", meaning if you don't want a puppy you aren't going to be able to deal with a baby so you don't need to be having one (or at least that is my interpretation of what she means).

Plus also, I finally heard back from Habitat for Humanity about the voluntary stuff they have available, but it would mean me being gone for 9 hours of the day, and so she would have to be crated.

Don't get me wrong, I don't regret taking her in, and she can be cute and fun when she isn't biting, I just don't think Jake is trying that hard to find her a new home, hoping that I will agree to keep her.

• Options

I thought maybe that would cheer you up Smile It makes me want to pee my pants from laughter! Haha.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugh, Annie, that is frustrating!  I'll tell you though, I've had both and I think a puppy is a lot harder than having a baby.  A baby at least is portable and you can take them to the store and other places.  You can't do that with a dog.  And a baby loves you back.  Of course, animals love you back too, but a baby's love is so awesome.  The puppy we had was/is the size of a small horse though, so maybe my experience is a bit skewed.  lol. 

Jac, that picture is hilarious!!  Is it Teddy?

• Options
    I have a whine---I have to be up until tomorrow night  :(  I'm working tonight, and DH is working a 24-hour shift tomorrow...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Options
    Oh no, I'm sorry!!  My skin was sooooooo different during my PG and after I had Sophia.  I can't tan anymore because of that!!  I either burn really bad or nothing at all.  Have you tried the spray tans?  There is a place (Sun City Tan) that has some awesome mystic tanning... I LOVE IT!!  I actually do it now!!!  (Yes, OK'd by my doc, lol)  The results are amazing, too!!
  • Options

Eww, Mary Beth, that sucks.  Do you usually work nights?  I would not be able to do that!

Logan has his Kelly day tomorrow, so I'm really happy.  I haven't seen him hardly at all lately.  Does your DH have Kelly days?

• Options
    I've tried the spray tan once before and didn't like it.  I felt like I smelled like the tan for weeks afterwards. 
  • Options
    I work nights now (was rotating days/nights at my old job---that sucked!).  Nate's Kelly day is on Wednesdays, but it used to be on Thursdays.  Just switched with his new station.  I wish we had Kelly days...LOL.
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Options
    imagemrs.melluvslogan:
    I've tried the spray tan once before and didn't like it.  I felt like I smelled like the tan for weeks afterwards. 

I did it awhile ago at another place and felt the same way.  I don't know if this one is different or what, but it doesn't at all!!! It's supposedly like the one they use on the LA Tan show, or whatever it is on E.
  • Options
    Ah, ok.  At least maybe you can sleep tomorrow when Evan does.  That must be nice that his Kelly day is always the same day of the week. Logan's are always different and I have a hard time keeping track.  I think it's every 10 shifts.  But it seems like it doesn't really follow that.  I think he trades them sometimes without telling me.  I wish I had Kelly days too!  That would be awesome! 
  • Options

imagemrs.melluvslogan:
    Ah, ok.  At least maybe you can sleep tomorrow when Evan does.  That must be nice that his Kelly day is always the same day of the week. Logan's are always different and I have a hard time keeping track.  I think it's every 10 shifts.  But it seems like it doesn't really follow that.  I think he trades them sometimes without telling me.  I wish I had Kelly days too!  That would be awesome! 

That would be confusing!  I can barely keep track of his schedule now...LOL.

IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Options
    imagembs427:

imagemrs.melluvslogan:

That would be confusing!  I can barely keep track of his schedule now...LOL.

Yeah, I don't really keep track of them anymore.  He just told me last night about this Kelly day.  haha.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"