Adoption
Options

those who have had homestudies submitted for adoption

how long did it take to find out if you'd been chosen or not? Especially if you're adopting through the foster care system. We've been submitted for 4 different cases and are getting excited/nervous...
Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption

Re: those who have had homestudies submitted for adoption

• Options

Not sure if this is what you're looking for or not, but we did domestic adoption and from being approved to getting the call was six months for us.  Our office didn't tell us when we were being shown, except for one time they had to ask our permission about something.  That time I think it took about a week to hear back (she didn't choose us), and it was only b/c I called to pester the SW.  :)

One thing that helped me during our wait was that couple of friends who are b-moms said how "being shown" could mean your profile is in a stack of 15+ profiles, so it's not so much that the e-mom is seriously considering each and every one, but will probably narrow it down to a select few and go from there.  It kind of helped put things into perspective for me, that just because we were being shown didn't necessarily mean we were being "considered," if that makes sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"