Canada Babies
Options

What 'rules' did/do you break?

I have a ton...

Gave #1 eggs before 1

Used a receiving blanket from day one

Let #1 fall asleep with a bottle

I don't bathe my kids every night

Anyone else?? Or am I the only mommy going to hell?

Re: What 'rules' did/do you break?

• Options

Tummy sleeper

Use blankets, not a sleep sack

Started solids before getting the DR's approval

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Put DS on his tummy to sleep and use blankets and bumper pads

Let DS watch Baby Einsteen every morning, so I can relax and drink my coffee

Started cereal at 5 months old

I take DS out of his car seat on the back dusty old roads

I put DS in his Jumperoo every day, somtimes several times a day

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, we let DS stay in the jolly jumper more than 15 mins a day.  But I do check him occasionally to make sure the boys haven't tried to go back up ;)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

ha ha..good post! I don't bathe William every day..if he's not dirty it's ridiculous I think. I'll usually do it every 2 or 3rd day. Once he starts crawling around more or eating solids then yeah maybe I can see it as a necessity.

He slept in a bassinet up until last month. It was probably too small for him near the end, but we hadn't yet bought a crib. We also used a little receiving blanket to cover him. It's Canada and it's cold eh?

I usually have the TV on, so he'll watch it a lot I guess.

If it's the middle of the night and he's fallen asleep but I notice I probably should change his diaper, I usually let it go until morning because I don't want to wake him up when I change him. My sandpaper eyes won't let me.

I've taken him out of his carseat on a trip when he was screaming his face off and I nursed him. Yes I'm terrible..but I haven't done it since.

• Options

I only give Gwen a bath every 3 days, she's not crawling yet so she's not getting into everything.

Started cereal at 5 months. Will be starting meat earlier than 8 months.

Has always slept with at least one blanket in her crib. 

She's been sleeping in her crib from day one, never had a bassinet, has never slept in our bed.

Gave up breast feeding the day I left the hospital and she's been FF ever since.

She's in the jolly jumper until she gets tired/complains;same with the exersaucer.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We're all going straight to mommy hell! My sister keeps telling me to just do whatever it takes to get through the day and you can break bad habits later...by replacing them with other habits..likely bad!

1. Receiving blankets in the crib...it's cold! Although I do tuck it in under the wedge she sleeps between. 

2. Side sleeper since day 1. 

3. The swing is our new best friend. 

4. She watches Baby Mozart, even though it says 3+ months on the box. It helped me have dinner 2 nights in a row, I'm sticking with what works! 

5. If her diaper is wet through the night, I don't change her for fear of never getting back to sleep again! It makes for very heavy diapers in the AM. 

• Options

I am THE hugest paranoid freak.

I'm so not a rule-breaker. It's sad really. I am too geeky to be a rebel. LOL

Hmmmm I'm sure I've broken at least one rule!

I guess there are these things:

- I love the bouncy chair and swing and will resort to using them so I can have "me" time

- I let DD have naps on the couch beside me, even though they say not to let infants sleep on furniture. I don't see why my extra wide firm couch cushions are any different than a mattress.

- I had her in the bumbo at 7 weeks (they say not to til 3 months, but she's got good neck control, so I say why not?)

seeee I guess I'm a rule-breaker after all...

• Options

Tummy Sleeper

Been in his jumperoo for longer than 15 min

I let him watch t.v. he loves treehouse and comercials

I have put him in a bumbo on a table, I was there I never walked away

He sleep with blankie a puppy and a fisherprice seahorse

Angela and David married June 18 2005 TTC#1 25 months 1500mg metformin 100mg clomid Finaly BFP October 12/07 Mommy to Logan June 15 2008 and Ryleigh Nov 11 2010 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

DD slept a lot in her swing when she was little. I would have gone crazy if it weren't for the swing. It was the only time she wouldn't be screaming.

She goes a couple of days between baths.

We sometimes watch TV at the table, though this is more DH's tactic than mine.

We let her CIO in order to get her to start sleeping through the night. Sometimes, we would turn the dehumidifer on to drown out the noise of the crying.

• Options

DS has always had blankets on, right now it's a double recieving blanket and a thicker blanket. 

I don't even know how often we bathe DS.  I say every night we need to bath then bed but then we get busy and he's just too tired so it happens when we have time and he's not exhausted.

I have the swing facing the tv and his play mat just under the TV and he will lay there/swing and watch tv for hours. (not continuously, he will go back and forth)

I don't always heat up his bottles.  I leave the water out on the counter so it's room temp and feed him.  I only warm the bottles if they have come straight out of the fridge.

He will be starting cereal before 6 months... maybe even in a few weeks (once I find room for his highchair)

I bought an extra long pacifier string for him because the ones sold in stores are just too short.  When I put him to bed with it though I make sure to clip the string far enough down his body so that it can't strangle him.

Kristin & Dave

Happy Easter

My Blog

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

um, yikes to some of these.  if this board got more traffic a few of these confessions would start an all out flame fest! 

I don't think going 2-3 days between baths is a big deal.  It's dry up here!  I notice my DS gets some dry legs if I bath him every day.

I am guilty of too much TV being on in our house and of offering new foods a little earlier than Dr red'd. 

• Options

DS is a tummy sleeper.  He would roll from back to tummy in bed though at about 2.5 months, so it's not exactly breaking a rule- I started just putting him down on his tummy though at about 4 months because he'd wake up rolling.

TVs on in the house more than it should be, but just the radio until dad gets home.

DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"