Pennsylvania Babies
Options

**Christina**

Give us the scoop on cloth diapering! Did you start him as a newborn? What brand are you using? i have to go check out Ethan's bottom on EFF.

I hope things are going well! Ethan is so cute! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: **Christina**

• Options

Hey!  How are you feeling?  How is your pregnancy going?

Thank you, we think he's pretty cute too :)

We didn't start CDing him right away.  Actually, today is our first full day of using all CD's.  I tried to use a fitted (a Kissaluv 0 that Jill gave me) and cover (Thirsties brand) when he was just under 2 wks old but his belly button is low & the cover hit his umbilical cord stump.  Then we only usd them occasionally for a week b/c he had a terrible diaper rash that wasn't clearing up.  I used California Baby cream, which is safe for CD's, but we needed something stronger for his rash.  We stuck with disposables and Desitin (which you shouldn't use with CDs) and it cleared up.  So, now we're on our way!  Thank goodness b/c he's already growing out of the newborn Pampers!

So far today I've used a Kissaluv 0 with an xs Thirsties cover, xs Thirsties All In One's (very similar to disposables), and infant prefolds with an xs Thirsties cover.  The Thirsties AIO was easiest, esp when I was out, but I feel like the KL0's and PF's will contain the breast milk poop better.

I met with Lillian (LClaire) and learned so much about CD's!  Her site is moderndiapers.com (I ordered our prefolds & Thirsties from her).  I also lurked on the EFF board, which was also really helpful.  I think I'll feel more confident after more practice - esp with the prefolds.

Here is Ethan's fluffy bum pics:

imageimage

{Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

how cute!!! Thank you for sharing the cd info.  We are thinking about it. I have been lurking on the EFF board too. 

I am feeling really good! I got lucky and had no m/s.  I was coaching basketball the 1st tri- that was hard, I was so tired.  That is over so I have a normal schedule now.  We had a dr appt today and heard the h/b and the little one squirming around.  I love hearing that!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"