Canada Babies

baptism?

Who here has had their child baptised/christened?

I'm just getting ideas together... it's just a small gathering with family, but I tend to dream big...

poor DH...LOL

Re: baptism?

• We've all been baptized.  My god daughter was baptized.  It wasn't really small.. I guess it depends what small means.  I think they had about 50-60 people, in a hall restaurant, favors and all.  That's pretty standard in our families.
  • Jakob was Baptised at about 3 months old. My Mom flew out for it. Some friends came to our church (same denomination as theirs), and we went out to a favourite restaurant afterwards. Non-church activities were *very* low key. Come to think of it, our nephew's Baptism was much the same way - family only, then lunch at a (rare, non-smoking!) restaurant.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ours will be mostly family (and friends that were in our bridal party). Just with DH's family, alone, the guest list is getting big.

It'll be about 40 people. We're having the ceremony at our parish church and looking into having the reception at the hall that is adjacent to the church, or having a gathering at IL's house and have it catered. I'm weighing the options.

• Isabelle's was probably 30 people and the lunch afterwards was at my parents place. My mom made all kinds of food and then a cake. I think she was 4 months old.

• imageJen&Joe06:

Isabelle's was probably 30 people and the lunch afterwards was at my parents place. My mom made all kinds of food and then a cake. I think she was 4 months old.

That's our big debate right now... if MIL hosts, I know she'll be stress machine but she really really wants to host. I'm going to price out a few caterers and then find out how much the lady who runs the hall at the church quotes us at.

Danica will be 4 months, 1 week!

• We had DS baptised when he was 4 months old.  It was a traditional Catholic ceremony and he got to wear his little Pope John Paul II outfit.  We did an open house luncheon right after the Baptsim for family and friends and the we took the Godparents and grandparents out for dinner later that night.    Here are a few pictures from the Baptism :  https://tinyurl.com/bxpqc2
  • My sister had to do it at my parents place because her house couldn't hold everyone and all the halls were too expensive. Plus my mom likes to entertain :)

Now how do I keep the IL's from freaking if we decide not to do a catholic baptism? We have talked about it for years and have never come to a conclusion.

• Hey Nat!

Since our family is large, my aunt with all her 3 boys baptised them all the same. Catholic church, where our family would attend - then we (20 ppl) go out to dinner at a restaurant and after that she invited everyone else (her aunts, cousins, friends etc.) over to her house for coffee & cake....and dips...and fruit..and others sweets.lol

I think I would do something like this as well. This way we get the best of both worlds, dinner with those your closer to and you still get to celebrate with everyone else. + not as much of a mess at home later on!

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Adding late - We are inviting family and some close friends to the church then we are having a reception at the legion.  No one's house is big enough for both of our families and DH's grandma is coming and is in a wheel chair.  It's at the legion because apparently my family is full of drunks and they wanted the option of a bar for sunday afternoon..... Confused
    Kristin & Dave

Happy Easter

My Blog

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"