Can't. Handle. Work. Anymore. — The Bump
D.C. Area Babies

Can't. Handle. Work. Anymore.

I've hit the point where I just cannot fathom working another full 2 weeks. I'm on my planning period right now (which isn't exactly "planning", per se, or I'd be napping right now - my planning period involves monitoring kids like study hall). I have a Dr. appointment on Friday after lunch and so I guess I'll just take a half day. Being with high school kids from 8 to 3:30 every day is killing me!!! I guess I'd be bored if I were at home and working will make it go faster, I just really wish I had enough leave to take off now! I don't want to be one of those teachers who resorts to movies or busy work because they don't feel like teaching anymore. Waaaaaaah, waaaaaah, waaaaaaah. I'm such a whiner.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Can't. Handle. Work. Anymore.

• I'm right there with you, but I have 8 weeks left! Luckily the woman who's taking my class once I'm on leave will start in 2 weeks so we'll overlap for awhile- which means I can really start checking out of teaching and not feel guilty about it.

I'm impressed you've made it this far! Maybe baby will come early :) 

• Congrats on making it that far.  Thankfully, I had the summer to relax before having Nicholas.  I never would have made it as I had completely checked out at the end of the school year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • I'm with you, I'm now flighty and forgetful and more than a little unmotivated.  The baby is taking over more and more of my brain.  I think she's only left me with the parts that want to decorate her room, eat chocolate, and daydream.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards