D.C. Area Babies

40 wks 4 days - I would like some cheese with my whine

Hrumph.

Tried some of DH's famous spicy chili last night and all it did was give me heartburn keeping me up half the night.  I am so friggin' uncomfortable and useless. DH is getting a little exasperated because he's basically caring for our toddler by himself while I sit around the house like a beached whale.  Every time I move I get random pains shooting through me (sciatic nerve, hips popping out, crotchal pains, etc.)

DD #1 was born at 40 wks 5 days.  We joke that she must have known we scheduled her induction and she decided she needed to get a move on.  We've got #2's induction set for Wednesday... I don't think that is motivating her. I also dont' remember being THIS uncomfortable at the end with DD #1.

Wah.

Vent over. 

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.

Re: 40 wks 4 days - I would like some cheese with my whine

• You poor thing! Tell your DH to be patient - at least he's not growing a human! Heartburn has been awful for me lately too - we went to Olive Garden last night and I thought I was going to die at about 1 AM! Maybe you should decide to do something really fun or exciting - I bet that will get baby moving in a hurry!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry, I know exactly how you feel!  The day you go past 40 weeks it turns into a type of torture, in which time seems to go at the pace of a snail.  Just think though, you will have a brand new baby any second now!  (Well, maybe any day)  :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies.  It feels good just to vent on here.  Smile
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Vent away, I can only imagine how uncomfortable you must be at this point. She must already be trying to imitate her big sister. :-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Poor thing.  I can't imagine being 40 weeks +. I was so uncomfortable at the end and I had DD at 38 weeks.  I think the thing that sent me into labor was walking.  The day before, I went to the mall and walked until I just couldn't anymore.  Then I went home and slept.  Hopefully she'll make an appearance before Wed.  GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Aw, that sucks!  I can totally empathize.  I went to 41 weeks 6 days.  It was some sort of sick torture.  I hope you are in labor now!
  • Oh you poor thing! I just signed on to see how you are doing and I was hoping I'd see a post about your new baby! I feel like every time I move I'm having crazy pain too - and I'm not even overdue yet. GL! Come out of there #2!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OH MY GOD I feel your pain! ?I'm so sorry you're still waiting. ?I had hoped you had your baby girl by now.

My family was in town this weekend and we all sat around just waiting. ?Last night I was having contractions 1-7 minutes apart for an hour and a half, thought it was about to happen then took a shower to get ready and they slowed to every 10-15 minutes. ?On and off all day today but nothing else regular. ?This is torture...

Hang in there. ?Maybe tonight is our lucky night.?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wish you well...you have every right to complain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • oh yuck! you're the 2nd person I know who's overdue with their 2nd child! I thought #2 was supposed to come on time, or early even. I hope she makes it out of there soon!
  • I hope she comes soon! ?Do you have to go to work tomorrow or are you done?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I telecommuted from home all last week (my boss rocks), and I'm supposed to telecommute Monday and Tuesday of this week... but I think I'm going to check in tomorrow with a project I'm doing with folks on the West Coast, and call it a day.  I think I need to start my leave on Tuesday.  One day of blessed rest before my induction on Wednesday... what do you think?
  • Definitely take the day on Tues!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope she comes soon! Labor dust to you (in buckets and trucks and cargo planes full!!!)
  • I really thought you'd have your baby yesterday! come out come out baby girl!!

have you tried raspberry leaf tea? Wegman's has it. And walking as pp suggested.

I can totally feel your frustration and pain, treat yourself to something you love, like chocolate or maybe a pedicure.

• I would definitely take the day before the induction!! :)
  • Oh no - still no sign of baby?  I hope it starts earlier but if not, good luck on Wednesday! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"