Pregnant after 35

NT scan...a bit more info

So, went to the OB today to check in, but my blood work isn't back yet.  One twin's NT was 1.4, the other 2.8.  They are identical, and we aren't sure why the measurements are so different.  It could be nothing, it could be something...no one knows yet, and I am so freaked out.  Has anyone had this happen?  Both numbers are fine on their own, but with identicals, it really scares me that the one with the bigger number is indicating something is also wrong with the other one. 

Re: NT scan...a bit more info

• I'm sorry you're worried. Could their differences not mean that they're just growing at different rates despite being identical? I'm sure that since both measurements are good that both your little ones are fine.
  • Thanks-that is so nice of you to say.  Of course, that could be the situation, but the other options are so scary.  The doctor did say that could be a possibility, but they just don't know until the bloodwork comes back.  She also said that it could be due to a heart issue, but I am hopeful that isn't the case, since I saw both of the hearts beating nice and strong.  Thanks for the support.  ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • I have no experience with twins but I wanted to tell you that you and your little ones are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted. When is your bloodwork due back?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • if they are indeed ID's there would be no way for ONE of them to have a chromosonal abnormality - from what I know - they would both have it..... but it's VERY possible that one will grow faster than the other - IDs often don't even look ID at birth b/c one is so much bigger than the other.

From what i understand there really is no way for them to know they are IDs until they are tested after birth - unless you did IVF or something and KNOW you only had one embie/egg, etc. but i might be off- this whole twinning thing has so many factors!

i would not worry- both numbers are in the good range.

• Just because they are identical doesn't mean they grow at the same rate.  Most identical twins are not exact clones of each other, they can vary in height and size, though they share DNA. 
  • I would try not to worry.  I think the doc would have said something if he/she thought something was wrong.  Hopefully you will get the bloodwork back soon and that will put your mind at ease.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That was my thought, too, but DH noted that the OB didn't know anything else, so why would she say something negative?  I was with this OB with DD, and they were always honest and upfront about what needed to be done, so my sense is that if the numbers looked bad already, she would have prepared me.  The bloodwork should be back by Wednesday, and I am hoping that it will be good news.  My pregnancy with DD was so smooth, and this is so scary.  Thanks for all of the support.  :)
  • I am sorry I do not know much but I bet that the dr. will have more answers when the b/w comes back. I would call first thing Monday and see if they are in so you can relax!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"