Pregnant after 35
Options

Need some cool babymoon ideas!

So, DH and I were flying to Colorado last month and got overbooked...long story short, they gave us two free tickets to use anywhere in the continental US good for the next year. We thought it might be a good idea to do one last husband/wife getaway before our new arrival.

Planning to spend 2-3 nights sometime in mid-May (our first date anniversary is 5/15) and would love to go someplace warm.

Any ideas? I'm searching Expedia right now for hotel deals, but would love some editioral opinions.

Thanks!

Re: Need some cool babymoon ideas!

• Options
    Need more info! What state do you live in? How long of a flight do you want to deal with? Let me know and I'll put my thinking cap on.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

Ah, right...silly me! more info...

I live in N. VA (about an hour from DC) and would be comfortable doing any flight up to about 5-6 hours (Although, ask me that in May---I may change my mind!! ;-) )

Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about New Orleans?  Fun and great food, lots of sights to see.  Or Charleston, SC (BTW, think the Spoleto Arts Festival is in May there -- if you want to go to that, probably want to book rooms and get tickets very soon)?  Or Hilton Head?  Or FL somewhere -- Naples is very cute.  I prefer the east coast waters to the West coast waters because the west coast oceans are COLD!!!  If you aren't into the beach that much anyway, what about San Diego?  Zoo and wild animal park are awesome and Coronado is a fun place to poke around.  I've heard Austin is a fun place to visit too.  Just depends on what kind of babymoon you want to have.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

Too funny, Pesky! I was also going to suggest New Orleans.  The French Quarter and downtown is fine for tourists (outer parts not so much). It'll be hot and humid but the pace there is so slow and it's quite romantic.

There are lovely places in Florida that I've wanted to visit but never have. One is Sanibel Island (I think it's by Tampa but not sure) and since May is prior to hurricane season, you should be fine. I'm the crazy one going to Orlando (Disney/Sea World) the first week of May when I'm 26 weeks along. No rides for me.

Other options if you want to head out West are Santa Fe, NM (I'm told it's lovely) or San Diego (thinking like Pesky again). Both would be relaxing trips though the flight is at your max. 

Hope you find a nice spot. And I'm sure Expedia or Travelocity will give you good ideas too.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

Last pregnancy we went to Aruba, and it was awesome...I recommend the Bucuti, it was great :)

This time I doubt we'll get anywhere, but oh the idea sounds so divine.?

Proud mom to DD Born Oct. 26, 2007, and DS Sept. 2, 2009
  • Options

Ooooh....New Orleans sounds marvelous! If we push it up to late April, we can be there during the Jazz Festival. Sweet!!

Sanibel Island sounds cool--never heard of it, but love the gulf side of FL! 

San Diego crossed my mind, but DH has college buddies out there and (selfishly, I know)  I'm afraid it'll turn to a male-bonding trip and no longer the romantic weekend I hoped for...any other time, I'd love to go--we own a couple racehorses (not nearly KY derby contenders, or anything...) and I'd love to visit the track at Del Mar :-)

Thanks for the great ideas! Keep 'em coming!

• Options
    DH and I were thinking New Orleans too but maybe in June for a long weekend, or Memorial Day weekend. I'll let you guys know
  • Options

Why just 2-3 nights? I won't get on a plane for anything less than 5 nights. Most of the time the first day is shot because you become so tired from the flight. 

Me & DH are booking our babymoon Aruba trip for end of March.  Our idea was one last vacation of total relaxation somewhere warm & that we know we'll enjoy. We were there a year ago, the weather was perfect & always is.

I've never been to New Orleans, but I'm thinking that's going to be alot of walking around. Hopefully it's not too crowded because that's not too relaxing.

If going to FLorida-for sure go to the west coast. The Sarasota area is really nice, in particular Longboat Key, Siesta Kay, Lido Key. The gulf waters are the best-warm & calm.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"