Minnesota Babies
Options

Suggested Reading???

Hi, I have been experiencing feelings of being overwhelmed at the bookstore. Does anybody have any suggestions for good pregnancy, birth and parenting books? I am at 25 weeks so don't need something that deals with the first weeks of pregnancy.

Re: Suggested Reading???

• Options

I don't know if you can find anything that doesn't include 1st tri.  Not that I've seen anyway.

I'll be checking out Happiest Baby on the Block from my library.

But otherwise, I like the Dr. Sears book.  I'm so-so on What to Expect...bleh.

• Options

I really liked The Babycenter Essential Guide to Pregnancy and Birth by Linda Murray, Leah Hennen, Jim Scott and the Babycenter Editorial Team.  It was my "reference book" during my pregnancy.  It has has good medical information, but is still easy to understand.  It breaks down your pregnancy week by week.  (the babycenter.com website is pretty good too)

For fun, I read both books by Jenny McCarthy - Belly Laughs and Baby Laughs.  Both do as their names imply - put a smile on your face.

All of them can be found at Target.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like "The girlfriend's guide to pregnancy". She talks to you like one of your girlfriends would and tells you all the good and bad, without sugar coating it. It helped a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"