Birth Stories

WELCOME Twins!!! : ))

WELCOME Griffin Peter and Finley Lynn!! Smile

And they are AWESOME...and this is one crazy ride, ladies!!! A great ride, of course. I thought I'd never get on here to update their birth. I actually have a breath of time right now to write. First off, I want to thank all of you incredible women for all the support over the 9+ months of dealing with IF and then my amazing journey through pregnancy. It made all the ups and downs that much easier and alot more fun!

I had a scheduled c/s last Wednesday, Feb 11th. It went off just as planned, pretty much. We got to the hospital at 6am and I got prepped. I was insanely nervous and shaking from the time I woke up at 4:30am. The nurses were just incredible and my ob/gyn is wonderful, so they got me through it pretty well. My spinal was great!!! No feeling whatsoever (very different from my first c/s with Lilly).

Finley Lynn was welcomed into the world at 8:13am and Griffin Peter was welcomed at 8:14am. Devon and I just sobbed nonstop thru the entire process. Hearing those first cries (and loud they were!) was indescribable! A feeling nobody could EVER duplicate and I feel entirely blessed to experience. Finley weighed 6lbs and 1 oz and Griffin was smaller and weighed 5lbs and 12 oz. It turned out that his placenta was a bit smaller. Both scored 9's on the Apgar and both were a long 19 and a half inches.

My recover was kind of crazy. I began to show signs of pre-E  with a very low platelet count and they had to usher out our guests and put me on a magnesium drip for a day. I was completely out of it. I was nauseaus and practically drooling b/c it makes you extremely woozy and all you want to do is sleep. I showed signs of improvement the next day and was able to go up to the maternity ward. I was a pincushion for the time I was there..those blood suckers killed my right arm! But it was all worth it.

The babies are great breastfeeders!! The only issue is my milk supply is low. I've had to supplement with alot of formula. It's kind of a bummer b/c with my first I didn't need any formula. Griffin has a bit of jaundice although it's not severe and he's getting better daily.

We got home yesterday from the hospital and the adjustment has been crazy but amazing! Last night was our first night and it went pretty smoothly. The babies eat, poop, pee and then go back to sleep. They fuss very little (so far..ha..ha) and have great temperments. They are starting to become very alert now, which is great. Looking into their eyes and have them stare at you trying to figure out the world around them, is just unreal, so moving and emotional. I've cried happy tears every day since they've been in my arms. I won't say it's easy, b/c it's not...but it's okay b/c the love you have in your heart raises you above....WAY WAY above all the difficulty.

My congratulations go out to all the women who have had their babies since I've been off the board this past week. And my best wishes for all those giving birth in the future. For now, here's a couple of pics of the babes.

XOXOXOX - Jody

Re: WELCOME Twins!!! : ))

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"