D.C. Area Babies

tell me about the Bella band

Is it really the miracle product that 2nd tri seems to think it is? I'm just starting to bulge out of my regular pants and not ready for anything involving panels yet, but i'm suspicious of the Bella band. isn't it kind of obvious that your pants are undone? don't you have to be extra careful to wear an extra long shirt to cover it up?i'm all about the layered look and wear camis under my shirts all the time, but this seems like it would look kind of sloppy.

signed, 

the current queen of muffin top

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: tell me about the Bella band

• I would never have survived without my bella bands (white and black--wish I had bought 2 of each instead of just one).  I never got the feeling it was obvious that my pants were undone.  You can wear an extra long shirt to cover it up, but you dont have to because the band covers up that your pants are undone.  In my opinion, it just looked like the layered look (a cami under my shirt).  I also wore my bella bands with maternity pants when maternity pants were still too big.  It held them up until I started to actually need the panels.  Good luck, Jenn
  • Basically, what Jenn said. However, I do have to say that they work better with some pants than others. With some of my pants, they felt like they were falling down all the time with the Bella band, and it just worked better to use a longer belt. I actually still use mine with one or two of the pairs of maternity pants that have less great elastic, or are a little too big (I'm not sure which).
  • Loading the player...
  • I LOVE my bella bands...I got a black and a white and at the time I thought they were pricey but I've worn them almost every day. Even now I use them to hold my worn out under belly maternity pants in place. Love, love, love them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • did you guys get the "real" bella band or have you tried the Target knock off?
    The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have the real one, but got it as a present. Probably would have gotten the knockoff for myself.
  • I had the "real" ones.  I would be a little bit scared of the knock offs since the whole idea of the band is based on the quality of the elastic, but maybe others have had good luck with the knock offs.  I know motherhood maternity makes them, but my experience with motherhood maternity clothes was awful, so I would just assume their bands are craptastic too.  Jenn
  • I used mine all the time, even after I had DD until my regular clothes fit again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I think I am the only one who doesn't like them!  I just couldn't stand anything around my belly. Even with maternity pants, I always bought those that had no or very little panel. I would always get hot and itchy and end up taking them off.
  • I LOVE my band! At first I wasn't sure it was worth the money but it has saved me a lot on maternity pants. I'm 23 weeks and I still wear some of my regular pants with the band. I got a black one at Target for about $18 and I have been wearing it so much that I am going to go back and get a white one. I've never used the Bella band but the Target ones work fine for me.

I don't think that people can tell your pants are unbuttoned and it helps hold up your pants just fine. I also think these will be very helpful after the baby is born when trying to fit back into regular clothes.

DH asked me if they make them for men because he has gained more weight with the pregnancy than I have!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I could not have survived withot mine and I am still using one almost everyday :-) Lately, I wear it with my lower waisted maternity pants (the full panel ones I can't keep up) and it helps with the pants and for a little support.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I loved mine too. I got the real one. I didn't even know Target HAD knockoffs! Definitely worth the money!
    Photobucket
  • I'm another person who hated it.  They did not seem to work for me and I don't think I was dense on how to use it.  I managed to have 2 pairs of pants that I rotated through until I told at work and I immediately went to maternity pants.  I never had a problem keeping them up until the end when my belly was huge, but I don't think the band would have helped then either because it wouldn't have fit around my belly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • I'm at 13 weeks and wore one for the first time today, and I'm a fine.  I have the real one that my sister gave me -- It's a medium, and although I normally wear size 12-14 in pants, medium fits so far.  I put it on first, then put on the pants, and folded half of the band over the waistband.  That way you don't have as much cloth/elastic outside your pants.  With black pants, a black band, and a regular blouse no one seemed to notice.  And it did not feel like my pants were undone, but I was able to zip them up and just leave them unbuttoned.
  • I know most people loved theirs, but I hated mine.  I still wore it, mind you, b/c I couldn't button my pants.  But, I thought it was very obvious that my pants were unbuttoned and it always looked lumpy to me.
  • imageBridetobeEm:
      But, I thought it was very obvious that my pants were unbuttoned and it always looked lumpy to me.

Agreed.  But it was handy for keeping up my maternity pants when they were too loose, which was really helpful.  I used the Motherhood Maternity knockoff. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"