D.C. Area Babies
Options

F/U to my last vent about doctor...

Okay, so I was supposed to have my 37 week appt on Monday - see previous post regarding doc breaking her foot and me getting rescheduled to this afternoon. I called today to confirm that I had the correct address for the other office and the receptionist says, "Oh, didn't we call you? Dr. XX is out for the rest of the week with pneumonia so we can't see you today. Can you make it to our Reston office tomorrow? We're busy so you'll have to wait a while. How critical is it that you come in this week?"

Okay, really??? I don't know, I'm 37 weeks. You're the medical professional, you tell me. Is it important that I get checked? ARGH!!!

People cannot help injuries or illness, but a phone call letting your patients know that you are cancelling appointments would be really great. So we are now down to 1 doctor this week covering 3 offices and deliveries. I mean, I'm sure somebody will be there should I go into labor, it's not that I care about that, it's just that this is my first baby and I've been having a lot of cramping and I would just feel better if I could see the doctor again. Last time I was there (2 weeks ago) their doppler wasn't working so I didn't get to hear the heartbeat - it's been over a month since I've heard it!! Baby is still moving so I'm sure it's all fine, I just am really frustrated by the whole turn of events.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Thanks for letting me vent.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: F/U to my last vent about doctor...

• Options
    That sucks. :-( Vent away, I'd be frustrated if at 37 weeks I was being given the run around by my doctor's office. Good thing you called to confirm, sheesh!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That does suck.  Sorry!
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That really stinks. ?You have every reason to be upset. ?I anticipate these appointments so much because it is important to be reassured that everything is okay and on track. ?I am so sorry...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    wow - i think i'd go ballistic on that doc.
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I certainly would not be happy if I were you.  I really counted on those last several weekly visits to make sure that everything was okay and we were headed in the right direction.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    Yikes, that stinks. ?Don't they have other practices they can call on to help them cover appointments? ?That's how my OB works, I think... I'd be frustrated too, if I were you!
  • Options

i might even go as far as to ask them to please refer you to another practice.

i can't believe you haven't heard the hb in a month, and are 37 weeks and haven't been checked.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, sorry about that, it sounds ridiculous to me.  If it wasn't so late I'd say you should look for a new dr's office ASAP.
  • Options
    They are "squeezing me in" tomorrow morning. How nice of them! Needless to say, if I wasn't so close to the end, I'd be going elsewhere. I ignored some warning signs early on in this pregnancy, and I should have seen this coming. Oh well, I definitely know better for the next one! As soon as my postpartum care is over, I'm switching! Thanks for the reassurance that I'm not being paranoid...I don't know what I'd do without this board!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"