D.C. Area Babies
Options

I survived a cross country drive/move with a six month old

We drove across eleven states.  My son came down with the flu and a high fever in Texas.  Aside from that, the trip went much better then expected.  We're in our new house.  It had some issues (it was a foreclosure) and dh and I came down with the flu so everything on this end was harder then I thought it would be.

Anyway, if you're thinking of a long road trip with a baby, I have pointers.  We brought all of his toys and rotated them.   We went with his schedule and stimulated him as much as we could at every stop.  The days we tried to push it, I'd move to the back and play with him.  Every night we tried to stick to a routine and had him sleep in the pack and play by our bed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I survived a cross country drive/move with a six month old

• Options
    Wow, geez, that sounds like quite a trip! ?Glad you all made it, safe and sound, if not healthy :)
  • Options
    glad you made it safely! good luck w/ settling in! pls con't to be a regular on this board!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad to hear it went better than expected.  Sorry about the bout with the flu - poor baby!  (and mom and dad!)
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear you made it okay even with the bout with flu--poor guys.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    All I have to say is Wow, you are brave to take that on!  I probably would have lost it around Texas ;)
  • Options
    This is good to know!  My husband has convinced me that we are driving to VT for my sister's wedding.  He says it will be much easier than a flight, a rental car and a 3 1/2 hr car ride from Boston to rural VT!
  • Options
    Glad to hear that it went well although we'll miss you here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"