Canada Babies

is it okay to drink tea?

I stopped drinking coffee because last time I had it I almost puked, my stomach didn't like it.?

Any ladies out there continued to drink tea or coffee for their whole pregnancy? ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: is it okay to drink tea?

• You can drink tea for sure....just not more than 3 cups a day. And no herbal tea's. You can get decaf tea too. My SIL said that her doctor is telling her that red tea's are really good to have while pregnant.
  • I've heard that it is best to avoid any herbal tesa especially Raspberry tea.  It is know to possibly cause the uterus to contract.  Not a great thing in early pg but great if you're in your last couple of weeks:-)

As for regular tea, my Dr said any coffee of tea in moderation is fine (1 -2 small cups /day)

• Loading the player...
  • I drank coffee with both pregnancies but stayed away from green/herbal teas.
  • I've read that as long as you don't consume more than 200mg of caffeine in a day then you're fine.  I still allow myself my usual one cup of tea per day and then I have decaf tea at home for if I want another one at night.
    Read my blog!
    Mom, why are you washing my feed in the sink?!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a decaf coffee this morning, so I'll prob have a regular tea today.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"