Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Kinda nervous..

I had my first OB appointment today, and my midwife could not find the baby's heart beat, i'm 10 weeks, so its kinda tough to find it now. ?so now i have to go get an ultrasound today to make sure everything is okay, which is scary for me :(. ?she said that she thought she felt the vibrations from the baby's heart but did not hear it. ?so... pray for me! ?thanks ladies!

Re: Kinda nervous..

• Options
    I know that they had problems finding the h/b a couple times with my guys and ended up doing an u/s right there in the office and everything was okay.  Best wishes.
  • Options

I'm surprised they even tried to find it at only 10 weeks.  That seems awful early to me.  My OB didn't even look for it until 16 weeks, skipping the 12w appointment because it was iffy even then.  They don't like to get their patients all worked up.  Anyway, my T & P are with you.  Hope everything goes well at your u/s.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree w/ PP they wouldn't even try and find it until 14 or 16 weeks with me.

Also it is possible that if the placenta is in the front that could be causing the reasons for not being able to really hear it. 

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

• Options

I'm sure you're really scared. As hard as it might be, try not to get too upset. I agree with PP that 10 weeks might be too early. I think they were able to hear the heartbeat at my 14 week appointment but didn't try before then.

I hope you get good news soon!

• Options
    Yeah, I don't think they looked for mine until 13 weeks and even then it was hard to find.  I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!
  • Options
    I had my first appt. on Wednesday.  The doctor had trouble finding the heartbeat too, though he finally did.  I hope the ultrasound shows that everything is just fine.  I completely understand the worry.  I'll be thinking of you.
  • Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you... keep us posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"