Boston Babies
Options

Family daycare vs. Daycare Center

I live in the South shore area and was wondering what it would cost to send an infant to either a family daycare or a daycare center? What are typical weekly/monthly costs and is it better to do family or center?

Thanks in advance!?

Re: Family daycare vs. Daycare Center

• Options
    The daycares I found range anywhere from 275 to 400 a week.  The price really depended on the place, The cheapest was a daycare center, followed by a family daycare, then a daycare center.  You will also want to look at whether or not food is provided or if you have to bring the food as that is another expense.  And while the family day care I looked at wasn't too expensive they are closed for a week in July and December (both of which you still needed to pay for though). 
  • Options
    I've been doing some early research too and found a lot of family day cares in the south shore for anywhere between $30-$50 a day. I just don't know what their credentials are as of yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

In home SS daycare places are the cheapest usually runs $40-60 per day and days care centers are more in the $65-80+ a day range. I was one of those people that when I was pregnant was so against daycare senters at first people told me my son would always get sick so I had sent him to a in home for the first 7 months and he still manage to get those colds. Even with the extensive reserch I did on in home daycare and recomendations that I got I was very unhappy with it and moved my son to a daycare center at 7 months which both he and I love (best move I ever did) - you really do get what you pay for and be sure to always make unexpected visits when least expected you really get to see what goes on during the day - I have had several friends run into the same issue with in-homes. Most daycare centers are very regulated. Like someone else posted in home take so many days off that I never got to use vacation days when I wanted becasue I always had to work around their's - you really do get what you pay for.

• Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    You could always consider having a nanny come to your home - it would be more expensive (about $15-18/hr), but you wouldn't have the issue that is common in both in home daycares and local centers with all the kids passing their germs back and forth.  And they do all sorts of "extras" around the house like laundry, dishwasher, tidying play areas, changing nursery bedding, etc, so when you get home you can just spent time with your child.  Plus, you don't have to race around in the morning trying to get a baby ready for the day because the nanny does all that when she arrives. Just a thought!
  • Options
    I'm located in Braintree.  We use an in home daycare and pay $250/week including food.  I have heard from friends/co-workers that daycare centers are anywhere from $300-500/wk.  We got very lucky finding our in-home place.  They are very professional, licensed, structured, have a curriculum, etc.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"