Canada Babies
Options

Anyone make their own baby food?

Just wondering, do you just cook the veggies, puree them in the blender and then freeze them?  I don't want to spend the money on jarred food if I don't have to, especially since if I make my own I know whats going into them...
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone make their own baby food?

• Options
    That is how my sister did it. She would buy whatever was on sale that week. Cook it up, puree it in the blender (or mash it up if it was fruit) and then put it into icecube trays to freeze. Once they were frozen she would take them out of the tray and put them in a ziplock bag with the date and name of the fruit/veggie on it.
  • Options

That is what I did.  You use the boiled water to think the veggies out.  Also, don't spend money on 'baby trays'...regular ice cube trays work just fine.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm planning on doing all the veggies myself - just started with carrots today - but will buy some fruit like apple sauce (the huge jar of unsweetened by Sunripe is the same as the bottle baby jars but costs way less). Some fruit I will do myself as well. Will also buy the meat and veggie stuff in the jars. Also I think we will be trying tofu with her at some point, a good meat alternative.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes thats exactly what I do. I steam the veggies, puree, cool and freeze. With some veggies you will have to add the water from steamer.

I have a really good book that my mom bought me. You could probably pick something up from the book store or even look for recipies online.

• Options
    I made most of our own baby food. A good resource for recipes is wholesomebabyfood.com. A good book is Super Baby Food.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"