Philadelphia Babies

Something Going Around...

Does anyone know if there is a stomach bug going around in the West Chester area?  I'm just trying to figure out if it is something I ate or if it is a bug that I am going to give my DH.  Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,wedding countdown

Re: Something Going Around...

• Yep, both DH and I have had it and I know others who have had it too. 
  • I had it a week or so ago....and so did DH so he couldn't even pamper me :-(

That said...if you can, drink plenty of fluids...gatorade or powerade...I lost 6lbs in 24 hrs...it was all water weight but it freaked me out...

I told myself I wasn't gonna be a nervous mommy to be and call the dr with everything...but this time I did.  She said its a pretty quick bug and you should be feeling better in 24 hours, which I was.  I was back to 100% in a few days

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MC#1 - BFP early June, 2011 - first u/s showed pregnancy as non-viable - D&C 6/21/2011
    MC#2 - BFP early Nov, 2011 - first u/s showed cyst on umbilical cord at 8w2d and no heartbeat - D&C 11/22/2011 
    MC#3 - BFP April 30, 2012 - miscarriage naturally 5/2/2012 @8wk
    MC#4 - BFP Sep 2012 - u/s good at 8wks, 11 wks - no h/b and measuring 8w1d - diagnosed as Turner Syndrome
    IVF Round 1 - Retrieved 20 eggs, 8 confirmed blasts as chromosomally normal and one xfrd 9/25/2013 BFP on 10/9. EDD 6/13/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I work at one of the hospitals in Philly.  A few weeks ago a mass email was sent out to all employee's to inform them of a Norovirus outbreak... you may remember it as the 'cruise ship virus.'  Symptoms are nausea, vomiting and diarrhea lasting about 3 days.  Alcohol based sanitzers don't fully kill it so hand washing is key!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think it is just in WC.  I live in Philly...but work in Montgomery County and several people at my job have come down with a stomach bug.  Luckily I have not caught it.  I am constantly washing my hands during the day and drinking lots of fluids. 

Good luck with not passing it on to the hubby.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Ugh - DD and I just got over it - it's horrible, isn't it?  I threw up every 30 minutes or so for over 12 hours and then got hit with diareah.  Luckily, DD only had the throwing up and she slept all day today - seems to back to herself now. 

Feel better soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"