Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

My bellybutton is DARK BROWN....wtf?

I have no idea what it means.  It got really dark towards the end of my pregnancy.  The inside.  And after I gave birth, I figured it was just bruised.  But now....it's still the same.  I asked by obgyn and she said..."I've never seen that before!  Hyper-pigmentation, maybe?" That made me feel great.  *eye roll*

Any ideas?

Kelly

Re: My bellybutton is DARK BROWN....wtf?

• Options

Mine was the same way!  I was like.... ok, go away now. 

Well, sounds gross, but I was picking at it about a month or 2 ago and this dry skin came off and all the dark came off and now its back to normal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ok this is gonna sound really gross - I had the same issue and I also thought it was just my skin color...I took a q-tip with vaseline and cleaned out my belly button and wiped some of the stuff away...this was a couple of weeks after I gave birth. ?I'm thinking that the skin turned dark (like your linea negra) and then the skin cells sloughed off sometime after I had the baby because I was able to wipe it away...

I know, nasty nasty right??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Really????  It doesn't feel like it'll pick off.....maybe it'll change?

• Options
    image*KC*:

Really????? It doesn't feel like it'll pick off.....maybe it'll change?

Try exfoliating around it - then do the q-tip with vaseline or aquaphor - it'll slide right off...?

• Options

My bellybutton is the same way.  I hate, and I hope it goes back to normal.  My underarms also turned really dark during pregnancy, that is slowly going back to normal but it was really disgusting while I was pregnant.

Pregnancy does crazy things to your body...it sucks!

• Options
    OMG!  You girls made me pick my belly button and it's COMING OFF NOW, lol.  What the hell could that have been?!
  • Options

Mine was that way, too. A lot of it came off like dry skin when I'd shower and dry it out, but I still have some dark spots in there.

• Options

image*KC*:
    OMG!  You girls made me pick my belly button and it's COMING OFF NOW, lol.  What the hell could that have been?!

I dunno!  Freaked me out too.  Someone should tell the OB's so they can tell us moms how to get rid of it!  Mine had no idea either.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    HAHA - I know it's sooo gross!! ?Don't worry, I think most of us have gotten the same thing...
  • Options

That happened to mine too! I didn't know to pick it out either until I saw someone make a post like this. It was so gross!

• Options
    imageLoriB00:

My bellybutton is the same way.  I hate, and I hope it goes back to normal.  My underarms also turned really dark during pregnancy, that is slowly going back to normal but it was really disgusting while I was pregnant.

Pregnancy does crazy things to your body...it sucks!

Oh my god, I am so glad to hear that I'm not the only person whose underarms got dark!  I was wondering if it was just my imagination but now I know it's true!  My underarms are slowly going back to normal, too. 
    I also have the bellybutton thing and it seems to be associated with the linea nigra.  Mine won't wash off--wish it would!

• Options
    I scrubbed mine really hard with a wash cloth and even my finger nails and it came off....yucky!  I'm so glad it isn't just me.  Now if my stretch marks would just go away as easilySmile
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    same thing happened to me!! i wish my CS scar would wash away...
  • Options
    Funny enough, I noticed the same thing today!  The skin wiped away and now its not dark.  Glad it's not just me, I was feeling dirty!
  • Options
    I had the same thing. I assume it stems from the linea negra since that's where it starts. I think it's like the line, caused by hormones, which will eventually slough off (or scrub off) because it's dead skin cells. I just cleaned mine out last week and it looks normal now. I was also able to scrub my linea negra and it's lighter now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"