Minnesota Babies

Mercy Hospita??

My doctor is an Allina Doctor with Riverside OBGYN, and only does deliveries at the Mercy Hospital in *** Rapids, but I haven't heard much about the birthing center there... So I was just looking for any thoughts or feedback people may have??

Thanks!

Re: Mercy Hospita??

• I'm delivering there (soon!), but I don't have much of an idea about it either. I delivered my last baby at Fairview Riverside in Minneapolis, so I have no experience with this hospital. I've been on one mini-tour and am going on a full tour on Tuesday. I'll let you know if there is anything worth reporting about it :)
    Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Thanks, I would love to hear what you think! Good luck

• Loading the player...
  • horrible hospital. I never delivered there but everyone I know that has hated it. Ive never heard anything good about that place.
    imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
  • imageLilMissLadybug:
    horrible hospital. I never delivered there but everyone I know that has hated it. Ive never heard anything good about that place.

I've heard some not so great things about it too, and then on the other hand, our friend delivered both her babies there and loved it. And people in our Refresher Birth Class we're taking now who delivered there liked it too. I guess it's a "to each his own" kind of place. I'm hoping we don't hate it :(

• I delivered there and had a positive experience. Granted my labor nurse/coach was also a family friend so I knew I was getting the absolute best care. I also had an Allina doc. The only thing I would say is that if they are full you get sent to a different wing, which has smaller rooms. My cousin who delivered in december was not near the nursery.

My sister is also planning on delivering there this year, she works at Mercy too.?

• Both of my nieces and my nephew were born there along with numerous friends' babies, too.  It's really nice and I have never heard any complaints!
  • I was born there...granted it was a while ago.  Two of my SILs and a friend delivered there all in the past 2 years and none of them said anything bad about it. 
  • I've also heard good things about it, but also quite a bit of bad stories about it. Even the home health nurse I had said that a lot of people have bad experiances there, when I told her that even though I live a few miles away from Mercy, I chose to have ds at North Memorial. However, one of my good friends had both her children there and did fine.

Good luck! :)

• imagechaoticmum:

imageLilMissLadybug:
    horrible hospital. I never delivered there but everyone I know that has hated it. Ive never heard anything good about that place.

I've heard some not so great things about it too, and then on the other hand, our friend delivered both her babies there and loved it. And people in our Refresher Birth Class we're taking now who delivered there liked it too. I guess it's a "to each his own" kind of place. I'm hoping we don't hate it :(

Someone I know delivered there just a couple months ago. The nurse refused to call the Dr because she didn't want to wake him up, the girl was sent in for an emergency c/s and delivered a dead baby. Her Dr said if he was called even an hour earlier the baby would have lived. That's just one of the bad stories I've heard about that place.

imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
  • Well, our baby was born there on Saturday!

Review:

We really liked it. Granted, our birth story is unique (water breaks 1:40am + arrive at hospital 2:40am + baby born 2:53am = lightning fast experience), but it was still a good experience overall. The nurses in triage with me who recognized I was minutes from delivery acted quickly and were very nice and very understanding to my utter confusion and panic. The delivery went very smoothly, and the doctor on call was fabulous. It was a mostly flawless delivery.
    Postpartum was ok - we wish we could've gotten more sleep instead of being bugged for paperwork, vitals, checks, etc - this is where we did get annoyed w/ nurses and staff.... all we wanted to do is sleep and they bugged us constantly.

But overall, I give Mercy a B+ for the whole 3 days we were there. If Mercy is really that bad, then I'm feeling lucky we had a pleasant experience. I can't complain!

• My friend's baby died because of mismanagement of labor there. I live blocks from there and I wouldn't take my dog there. Also, no NICU we get transports of the babies they screw up all the time. Also, the have ugly induction/epidural/episiotomy and c/s rates
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"