Baby Showers
Options

Dual shower...thoughts/suggestions...THANKS!!

I am helping my aunt plan a dual shower for my cousins.  The one is due in May, the other June.  Any thoughts on how we can make this work.  Appropriate wording for invite explaining to guests they only need to buy one gift if they only know one of the girls, etc...

ANY and all thoughts/ideas will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Re: Dual shower...thoughts/suggestions...THANKS!!

• Options
    oooo...that's hard.  My SIL and MIL had a combined sweet 16/25th anniversary party years ago and they sent sweet 16 invites to only SIL's guests and anniversary invites only to MIL's guests.....BUT when MIL's guests and arrived realized that there were two events, most felt obligated to give two gifts.  There was a scurry to find blank envelopes for checks/cash gifts.  I'm not sure how you would go about doing this!  Sorry!
  • Options
    maybe when ppl RSVP, just kind of casually and honestly tell them that they really do not need to bring a gift for the person they don't know??  Though I have to admit, I have no idea ho wI would go about saying it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hmm..I went to a Double shower last summer BUT they were sisters and everyone who was invited knew both girls. I'm not really sure what you could do.

I just googled double baby shower invitation really quick and this came up:

Double the pleasure
    Double the fun
    Come shower Suzie and Tara
    With gifts for their new sons!

It's pretty corny but gets the point across. Good luck...I don't think I was much of help!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • Options

I would restrict the guest list to family only.   Dual parties seldom work out well when friends of one and not the other are invited.

Guests will feel awkward and that is the worst sin for a party host!

• Options
    imageBrahimBride:

I would restrict the guest list to family only.   Dual parties seldom work out well when friends of one and not the other are invited.

This, absolutely.

• Options
    imageBrahimBride:

I have to say that I lean towards this too.  While I personally would not feel obligated to give a gift to the one I dont' know, MANY people will.

Also- how are you going to handle the gift opening? Will they open them at the same time, or will one girl go then the other?  Honestly- the gift opening is boring enough as it is.  the idea of having to sit through one for a person I dont' even know sounds horrible! 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

family only... if you really must do this.

i would argue not doing a double shower at all.  each mom to be deserves to have their own celebration, not to share the spotlight.

• Options

MIL is throwing a dual party for SIL and me.  It will be DH's family only.  My Mama is doing a different party for our family.  Even Step-MIL is coming to my family's party so she can avoid having to buy a gift for SIL (SIL is DH's half sister so Step-MIL doesn't really know her).

• Options

My cousin and I are having one together as well. Here is what we cam up with:

Cousins, Mandy & Ashley are pregnant!

Please come and celebrate with one or both mommies to be.

Then there was info about me having a girl, due date, etc.

Info about Ashly having a boy, due date, etc.

Both are registered at Target and Babies R Us.

Hope that helps :)

• Options
    imageBrahimBride:

This is my feeling.  I am being thrown a dual shower with a cousin.  We are not particularly close and some of my other family is being invited that isn't related to the cousin, and my MIL and SIL.  I'm not sure what invites they sent to most of my guests that would only know me.  I've been kept pretty in the dark about the whole thing and to be honest it makes me pretty uncomfortable.  I would say 80% of the guests would have been invited to both of our showers so I see the reasoning.  I got an invite in the mail and it was a joint invite that listed us both and our baby's names and where we were registered. 

But I was at my MIL's house and she had an invite on her fridge that was different.  It was a nomal shower invite, it listed only me and where I was registered and didn't mention the fact that oh by the way don't be shocked when you show up and there's a whole other person that the shower is also for.  I thought it should have at least mentioned that my cousin is also being honored or something.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • Options
    My SIL is due 3 weeks ahead of me. We are having seperate showers. We had to plan far enough in advance so we could attend each other's showers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"