Nurseries and Baby Gear

Target brand nursery set (cherry)

Does anyone have this? It's by Target...convertible crib with other matching furniture. The crib and dresser are $249 apiece.  That's the best I can describe because there was no description of the product, like a brand name...just Target brand.  I saw it in the store and it looks really nice.  If any of you have it...do you like it? Good sturdy construction?

DS born 2009
BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Target brand nursery set (cherry)

• I have a DiVinci set from Target. But I think you might be thinking of the Simplicity Ellis Convert.  They have it in our store at least. Have you tried looking online to find it? They have a pretty good selection of cribs. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Is this the one that they have on display?  There is a crib on display at every Target store in Michigan but they no longer carry it.  I know  because my sister really wanted it and she finally got a Target store rep to admit that they no longer carry it anywhere. 
    3/10 IVF #1 TWINS! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They have it on display in the store in the town I live in.  The crib looks pretty sturdy..I gave it a really good shake.
    DS born 2009
  • imagekayla_lynn:
    I have a DiVinci set from Target. But I think you might be thinking of the Simplicity Ellis Convert.  They have it in our store at least. Have you tried looking online to find it? They have a pretty good selection of cribs. GL!

You're right...it's the Simplicity Ellis convert...It doesn't say that anywhere on the advertising or tags on the furniture (odd).  However, I'm disappointed that the company is out of business per the reviews on the Target website for this product.  I hope I find something similar that is also reasonably priced.

DS born 2009
  • I'm thinking about ordering this crib, especially since it's on sale this week and I think there's free shipping. Here's some info from the most recent review: "We did have some issues with parts and assembly but contacted Ellis (they took over Simplicity products) and they did eventually take care of it."

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks Abby...I'll keep an eye on this product...hopefully the reviews get better. If you do get this and have some problems, let me know if they were resolved.  I really like it and it's reasonably priced.
    DS born 2009
  • I bought this crib a few days ago and returned it 12 hours later. Simplicity is the company that had over 1 million crib recalls last year, thats why the company is no longer in business. I was able to pick up the crib at my local Target but then later realized none of the other pieces are available and will never be available. Very frustrating! I know this particular model wasnt involved in the recalls but I wasnt willing to take a chance and I wanted furniture that matched!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"