Eco-Friendly Family
Options

school me on some prefolds

so, i am feeling compelled to try some prefolds, but have some questions.  how long do your little ones last before soaking thru?  what are the best covers to use?  we currently use pockets or fitteds with thirsties and imse covers.  do you think prefolds are trimmer than fitteds (generally speaking)?  do you like chinese or indian, bleached or unbleached? 

Re: school me on some prefolds

• Options
    BTW - I bought some SBish Flats and they are pretty amazing! I'm not very good at putting them on, but my DD wore one for 2 hours the other day without a cover!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Maddy can go up to two hours most times with a cover on but without she would need to be changed every half an hour. I usually go in the middle and change her every hour to hour and a half.

I use Bummis Super Whisper Wrap covers and love them. Yes, I think prefolds and covers are trimmer than a fitted/cover. I can get a very trim fit with the folds I use.

I use Unbleached Indian prefolds.

IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I use GMD orange edges unbleached. With a cover, we don't soak through, without a cover is not an option. We have some KL0 and the prefolds are trimmer. Right now we only use prowrap and thirsties covers. I hate the prowraps and love the thirsties. I can't wait till DS is big enough to use our imse covers.
  • Options
    I definitely usually think prefolds with a cover are more trim than a fitted with a cover, but as you know it's all relative with cloth diapering;) It depends which fitted you're comparing them to and it depends on the prefold you're using - just cotton vs. hemp and what size it is compared to how small your baby is(i.e. a regular prefold on a newborn would be HUGE, but still functional, and create more bulk). We always do unbleached over bleached since they seem softer and see more of a difference there rather than in the chinese vs indian.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"