Oregon Babies

I have Kaiser Insurance....

I am trying to find a great OBGYN Dr.  Also, I am trying to decide which Hospital I would like to use... Interstate, Sunnyside or St. Vincent.  I am close to all 3 either by home or work.  When my friend had her baby, she was at St. Vincent and her room was SOO TINY!  I think I would be claustrophobic! Do you know if any of these other two places have better or great rooms?
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: I have Kaiser Insurance....

• First, CONGRATULATIONS on gettign pregnant so quickly!!  how amazing for you guys!! 

I see Dr Julia Barnes at Mt Talbert clinic (Clackamas, next to Sunnyside Hospital) and she is GREAT.  I have also met with Dr Rachel Algenio and she is great too.  I don't like any of the midwives in the practice, just from personal experience.

I will be delivering at Sunnyside, because it is about 5 minutes from my house.  I know that they just did a major renovation and have all new "birthing suites" with hot tubs, nice beds etc, but I haven't seen them in person yet.  We go for our hospital tour on Saturday January 17th, I will post a full review for you after that!

Also, from my recent experience with Kaiser, if you tell them you are unsure about your last cycle, they will give you an early ultrasound to see how far along you really are.  I had been tracking my cycles and was sure of when I ovulated, and turns out I was actually off by 2 weeks.  So I had a very early ultrasound and got some fun pics to take home with me!  Just a hint Wink

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oooh, I didn't know Sunnyside had just redone their rooms. Its so funny how competitive hospitals are getting. I also just visited St. Vincents and the rooms were nothing compared to my room at Tuality (but w/ Kaiser I can't go there this time) which had beautiful hard wood floors, was perhaps 3 times the size of St. Vincents and had a large jetted tub in it.
  • Loading the player...
  • i had riley st st v's...of your request a corner room when your first being admitted you can usually get one for l&d and postpartum, they are much bigger and nicer....they only have 2 tubs but thet never get used so ive been told so they are always available...also ask for a wireless (telementary...sp?) when your admitted, then you can be monitored but also be up and walking around.  i really liked st v's but it was really my only option as i live in hillsboro and driving to sunnyside to deliver was just too far (1hr w.o traffic)
  • My OB at the Beaverton Clinic has since retired by I did see a midwife named Rhonda Chick a couple of times. I would use her for my next pregnancy. ?In regards to the hospital, I would not recommend St. Vincent. The staff is great and they provide top notch care, however, the rooms are very very very small!! There was no place to move around and it was very tight with visitors. ?Also, my husband had to sleep on a chair that folded out into a bed, which was very uncomfortable. Sunnyside recently remodeled their maternity ward and I heard each room has a bath tub - which would have been fantastic! You can tour all of the facilities and then decide. There is a phone # to call for classes and tours, but I don't have it off hand.
  • hey Jen, I would love to see pics! Tell me what you think! My work is closest to st.v, but my home is closer to sunnyside. I have been to st.v 3 times doe friends babies an 2 too a were a good size, and the other, where I stayed 2 or 3 nights with my friend, on a sleeper chair the room was so tiny I don't feel it is worth the chance of getting that tiny room!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I saw Betsy Langton. She is a midwife. I never wanted a midwife before, but they couldn't get me in with my regular OB/GYN when I called to set up my first visit appt. So I saw here and told my fiance that there was no way I was going to see a midwife. I was planning on having an epidural and I didn't want anyone telling me to try it without first and see how it goes yadda yadda yadda. Well I ended up falling in love with her after my 2nd visit. I was cranky and had morning sickness my first visit and didn't really like her when I left the first time. I said I would see her one more time after that and if I didn't like her then whatever...Well she was soooooooooo amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"