Missouri Babies

Newbie...your fave OB in JoCo?

Hello ladies. ?I'm moving to Overland Park in a few weeks and would first like to introduce myself since I might be over this way more often. ?I am 28, married 2 years, this is our first baby. ?DH and I are originally from KS, both grew up in the JoCo area.

I've had a few?recommendations?from my SIL: ?Dr. Amy Giedt, and Dr. Sheridan; both at Shawnee Mission I believe. ?Has anyone had any experience with either of them? ?My current OB mentioned that I should keep an open mind about a c-section (really narrow pelvis and family history of gigantic babies). ?Also, bedside manner and availability are very important to me. ?I'm open to a male or female.

Please suggest your OB and hospital.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Newbie...your fave OB in JoCo?

• Dr. Amy Giedt delivered my baby in August at SMMC.  She is amazingly supportive.  I started going to her years ago when I was diagnosed with PCOS.  She really takes the time to listen to you (and I talk a lot).  She is never in a rush when you come to see her.

When I delivered DS there were some major problems afterward and even though her shift was over, she stayed longer to help calm me down and make sure I was okay.  That meant a lot to me that she cared enough to stay and see it through with me.

• I go to Dr. Julie Martin with Women's Care and I LOVE her!  She delivers at 3 different locations, Menorrah, St. Lukes South, and SMMC.  We chose St. Luke's because of their pro-breast feeding and bonding policies.

Her staff is great and fairly on time most of the time.  Good luck and welcome to the neighborhood!

• Loading the player...
  • My OB is Dr. Nguyen (pronounced "when") w/KC Women's Clinic. She is very supportive and open to answering questions, and was great during the delivery of our son. We delivered at Overland Park Regional and had a good experience; she also delivers at St. Luke's South.

Good luck with your move and welcome to the area!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Dr. Sheridan is awesome.  I use Dr Batty who is in the same practice.  Batty is who all the women in my family have used for almost 30 years.  We love him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I go to Women's Clinic of Johnson County and I really like my OB. I see Dr. Carrie Grounds. I also like Dr. Shipman as well. The practice is right there at SMMC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"