Health & Exercise
Options

Suggested TTC Diet or Nutrition Reads?

Is there any specific diet anyone is following while preparing to TTC?  Are any particular diet books good for TTC?  I am looking for something concrete and in-depth to read about potential Mommy-to-Be nutrition.

NestBaby Trying to Conceive Ticker
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Suggested TTC Diet or Nutrition Reads?

• Options
    Oooh, Good Question!  I hope someone responds!
  • Options
    I would also be interested in hearing the answer to this as I am currently looking for a healthy eating "diet".
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure about TTC but I read "Lets have healthy children" by Adelle Davis. I was a book on the correct nutrition during pregnancy. I'm sure that it could be helpful, it was for me. It is a little outdated, but the fundamentals are there. Hope this helps!
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My acupuncturist told me to go South Beach. I need to loose weight and am in the TTC column.
    If you haven't been to an acupuncturist they may be able to suggest things specific to your needs. SB is working for my needs.
    Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a suggestion for a book, though it's not only about diet, more about lifestyle and general nutrition. The book is called The Complete Organic Pregnancy. There's a whole section of the book dedicated to "preparing" your body for pregnancy, which includes the best things to eat to minimize your exposure to toxins and chemicals, and maximize your health. I can honestly say this book changed my life (and I'm not the kind of person whose life is usually changed by books!). I followed the book pretty religiously for a couple months, and ended up getting pregnant on the first try. Hope that helps a bit!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the suggestions-- the organic book sounds like it would be especially helpful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"