Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

C Section question about staples

For those of you who have had C Sections, when were your staples removed? What was your experience? Did it hurt? I get mine out Friday and I am a little nervous (CS was last Thursday)

Thanks!

Re: C Section question about staples

• Options
    Had mine out the morning I was discharged...it did not hurt one bit!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    With DD I had them removed the morning I was discharged. I didn't feel anything. I didn't have staples this time.
    imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB did not use staples.
  • Options
    i was nervous too but it was painless. the staples are not like regular staples, its ends are really short, so when they clamp it in the middle, it comes right out. there's no pulling or tugging to get it out, and you'll feel so much better. GL!
  • Options
    I did have staples and sorry to say it did hurt to have them removed.  It wasn't awful but it wasn't painless either.  But, they remove them quickly and it was over in less than 3 minutes.  Good luck. 
  • Options
    this exactly.  i didn't actually feel anything.
  • Options
    I just had mine out on Monday and c-section was a week before.  It was no big deal and I was terrified to have them come out.  It wasn't painless, but it was just a small twinge for a second and then it was over.  Take your pain meds before you go, don't look at the instruments they use (it freaked me out more than I was) and just lie back and relax.  It's over really quickly.  You'll do just fine.
  • Options

imageLLB430:

sorry, meant to quote this lady

• Options
    I had mine taken out 7 days after c/s. Did not hurt at all!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

With DD#1 I had them removed the day I was discharged.

With DD#2 and DS, I had them removed about 4 days after I was discharged.

It didn't hurt any of those times.?

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    Had mine removed the morning I was discharged. Didn't hurt, it actually felt good because they were getting itchy!
  • Options
    My staples were removed 1 wk after my c/s. It didn't hurt at all to have them removed. In fact, I couldn't feel it at all.
  • Options
    7 days out and it did not hurt a bit, you will be numb there for a LONG time. I mean months to years long...
  • Options
    I had staples.  They came out a week after my C-section.  I couldn't WAIT.  They hurt so much when I would move.  Removing them didn't hurt, and it felt better right away.
    Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Options
    imagebrideofaussie:

imageLLB430:

sorry, meant to quote this lady

ditto

• Options
    I had mine removed 4 days after I was discharged @ my OB's office.  I didn't feel a thing.  I can barely see the scar. Yea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"