Breastfeeding
Options

Need to give up dairy

Well DD has eczema and ped says with breastfed babies the most common cause is dairy in mom's diet. So I have to strictly eliminate it for 3-4 wks.  Ultimately my freezer full of breast milk may go to waste.  This is going to be sooooo hard. I love dairy.  :(
Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!

Re: Need to give up dairy

• Options
    It is hard but so worth it. ?My DS still has pretty bad excema though....it's definitely better but around his ears it is still weepy/bloody a lot :-(.
  • Options
    DS has a dairy allergy. He had blood in his stool. I have been dairy free for 4 months. It was very hard at first but you will get used to it. I do miss my dairy food though!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is hard, but you can do it! My youngest DS had a dairy allergy, I couldn't even have trace amounts (or any hidden dairy) in my system. Dairy takes about 2 wks to fully leave your system, so you will hopefully see some change after that 2 wk mark. My DS has just started having dairy within the last month (luckily, most kids will outgrow a dairy allergy) and is doing pretty good. We have to keep the dairy minimal still, but I can tell he is getting better at tolerating it (now he will just have a few nasty diapers after eating something with dairy).
  • Options
    My DD has a dairy allergy also confirmed by blood in her stool. I have had to cut out all dairy and soy completely and it took about 5 week to see full results w/her. It's really hard in the beginning but now we've got it down to a science. Eat lots of meat and fish and veggies and fruit. I've lost about 55lbs on this diet as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"