Infertility
Options

DH's Urologist Appointment

DH is having his first urologist appointment on monday he is a little freaked out.   He keeps asking me if they are going to physically examin him, and if they will be using a cathedar.  I feel so bad for him

Does anybody know what we can expect.  The doctor has requested some blood work before he goes in.  He has done that already.

Re: DH's Urologist Appointment

• Options
    At my husband's first appointment, the doctor talked to us about our history of TTC, what my problems were if any, and then examined my husband physically (there was no catheter involved, just a physical exam to feel for abnormalities in structure). ?Then he ordered two SA's (semen analysis) to be done and to schedule a follow-up after those were done to go over the results. ?My husband said it was no different than any other exam he's had done down there. ?HTH!
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My hubby's appt was pretty much like the one above except the Dr also gave him a prostate exam probably due to age (31).  No catheter involved.  If they do find something, I think they do an ultrasound but no catheter.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have never heard anyone mention the dr using a catheter during the appointment.  My DH's appointment was the same as pp have described.  Good luck! 
  • Options
    There would not be a catheter involved on an initial visit. Its a physical exam and a sperm analysis. My DH had his bloodwork done at the RE's office. He only had a (elective) ultrasound to confirm the varicocele that the uro found and make sure god forbid it was not something more serious. This was done months later, just to add to his records.
  • Options
    My dh's first urology exam was last week. He was given a prostate exam and he wants me to tell you to make sure to tell your dh that he maybe having one. He was totally unprepared for that!! They did an exam and took blood to test his hormones. Also, scheduled him for an ultrasound and another SA at a fertility clinc in Columbus. He just had his ultrasound yesterday and we have to pick up the negatives today to take to our next urology appt. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"