D.C. Area Babies
Options

Full-term! Any advice?

I cannot believe that I am full-term today.  It is exciting and hard to wrap my head around!  My doctor's appointment went well yesterday - still 1 cm and 50% effaced, but the doctor said that she could come any time or take her sweet time to arrive.

Our glider is actually getting delivered tomorrow, so then we are fully ready!  Now that we are physically ready, does anyone have words of wisdom on how to use these last 3 (?) weeks to prepare mentally?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Full-term! Any advice?

• Options
    YAY! Congrats...I have no advice as I still do not have a bag packed.
  • Options

**Go have a spa day....get a pedicure/manicure - just relax.

**Have one last good date night - enjoy a nice dinner out. Be the last time you get to do that for awhile.

**Get lots of rest

**Maybe make some food and freeze so you have some easy meals after the baby comes (lasgna, chili, soups, baked ziti, meatloaf, etc).

Then just relax ans wait fro your little one to arrive and then ENJOY!!!

Good Luck!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think MrsKLS said it all - rest up (as hard as it is now to sleep, it only gets worse), go out to dinner (that gets tough to do later) and stock up on some comfort foods that are easy to prepare for post-baby.
  • Options

get a haircut, waxing, threading, etc, whatever you usually get done periodically as it'll be awhile b4 you can do it again.

put together the list of people you'll email once your DC arrives, you may be able to email from hospital

make sure your camera(s) is/are ready, charged up, memory card has memory on it, etc

empty your DVR, too

• Options
    i made sure to stock up on paper towels, toilet paper, pet food, etc, stuff i really didn't want to run to the store for. and definitely get a haircut if you are due for one any time soon...i should have gotten one around the time tony was born and i decided to wait till after delivery, and i'm still waiting 6 months later. time is so hard to find once baby is here!
  • Options
    All good advice!  Welcome to the 1 cm dilated/50% effaced club - I'm also a member! Smile
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options

wow, that is sooo exciting!  Nowing myself...I'd be worried if I left work unfinished at work!  Eeeek!  If you have all of your ducks in a row then sit back and relax!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"