Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Poll: would you add an ex-boyfriend as a friend in Facebook?

These options don't cover every scenario, of course, but feel free to clarify in a response below the poll.  And let me clarify that this hasn't happened to me, but a couple of them keep popping up in "people you may know" so I suppose it could happen . . .

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: would you add an ex-boyfriend as a friend in Facebook?

• Options
    I already have too many to count. I did de-friend one though. He was just too creepy to have around.
  • Options
    I have 3 ex boyfriends as friends. DH doesn't care. He has some exs' as friends too.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm still good friends with a couple of ex-BFs. Two of my ex-BFs are even coming to dd's birthday party next weekend, LOL. If I can invite them to a family gathering then I think it's also okay to friend them on Facebook. ;-)
  • Options
    I am friends with almost every ex-boyfriend of mine on FB. DH and I are still friends IRL with some of our ex's and this isn't a problem, so FB "friending" of ex's isn't controversial in the least for us.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would add him- as long as you don't start messaging back and forth with them on a regular basis b/c that is disrespectful IMO to your DH. Same goes for DH. I don't care if an ex is his friend as long as they don't start chatting a lot and planning a "meet up" just between them.

**edit- I mean messaging as in carrying on a deeper relationship w/ them behind DH's back and vice versa (DH doing it to you). If you have a frienship already in place with them and they come to family gatherings as mentioned above that is totally different. I'm talking a more behind your husband's back type thing. 

231IMG_7435002IMG_7756
  • Options
    I have an ex as a myspace friend.  DH doesn't have myspace or facebook or anything. we barely ever talk he's just like all the other people i have on their as friends that I don't talk to now but we used to be friends and somehow found each other on a social networking site.  wow hey there you are how have you been, i'm cool how are you, then some vague reference to how we should get together and catch up sometime, and then you don't talk to them for month. NBD
  • Options
    I have a guy I dated in high school as a FB friend..... However, my ex-husband keeps popping up in the "people you may know" section and I haven't added him. I would probably add him if he sent me a request but I'm certainly not sending him a request!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I voted yes. DH shares my FB (refuses to get his own page, LOL) He wouldn't care cause he's always on...
  • Options

Absolutely not. I have a rule, only one friend who has seen me naked at a time. Currently, my husband is one of my friends. If that changes, then maybe I will add one of my ex's...

I kid. I kid. :)

• Options
    depends on the ex. some i was friends with after the fact.  some not.  and dh wouldn't give a crap, except to mock my facebook addiction some more.
  • Options
    Yes, I even have my really serious bf that I dated right before DH.  Whoooo caresssss?
  • Options

Mine's on there.

But then again, mine is now gay, so I don't think Matthew's that worried.

• Options
    It depends on the ex. DH wouldn't mind either way.. most of my ex's I'm somewhat "friendly" with.. meaning if I were to run into them somewhere we'd chat a little and move on. Though my most recent ex before DH treated me horribly and I would never add him, nor would DH be ok with that.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    I have all my long term relationship bf's as friends online. I've only messaged one to find out how he and his family were doing and we also met up once for coffee to further catch up. I don't think we'll ever meet up again, but maybe in a few years do another catch up email.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes.  It's not that big of deal to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes.  I'm friends with many exes so I like catching up with them.  For exes I hate, I'd friend them too-- I'm doing great, totally happy and still in great shape so I'd love to show off a bit. 
  • Options
    Nope, I think the past should be left in the past.  I'm not the jealous type, but I'd prefer not thinking about my H's exes or knowing anything about them unless I have to.  Same for him, no need to think about my past... especially since my ex looks identical to The Rock!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    My DH and I have exes as friends on FB. We also have his ex-wife and her husband too. :)
  • Options
    This is why I don't have a facebook. Exes, people I used to have feelings for... all don't have a place in my relationship so I just don't have one altogether.
    image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"