Nursery Furniture — The Bump
D.C. Area Babies

Nursery Furniture

Where did you get your furniture?  Is there any where in the DC area that has great quality furniture but not that expensive?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Nursery Furniture

• Great Beginnings.  We looked at Baby 2 Teen also, but GB's customer service was fantastic.

I know a lot of people have been pleased with Ikea too.  I'd suggest getting the book Baby Bargains since it rates furniture and is a great resource on brands etc.

• Great Beginnings in MD and Baby 2 Teen in VA both have great prices. 

We got our crib from Buy Buy Baby... it was a gift from the in-laws.  Of course, that was before we knew about GB and B2T.  We probably would have gotten our crib at one of those places if we'd known, just because I think the prices are better.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • We got the Hermelin crib at Ikea and love it.  It doesn't have a drop-side, which really wanted, but I haven't missed it.
  • With the $50 furniture coupon we paid $250 +tax for our Bonavita (A- in Baby Bargains) Chadwick crib at BBB.  I didn't think that was too bad compared to prices I saw elsewhere. 
  • Burlington Coat Factory has a lot of great furniture for discounted prices. We got a crib there on sale for an excellent price. I suggest going to the store first to look and then going home to check reviews before purchasing anything just to make sure you are getting decent quality.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards