Stay at Home Moms
Options

Books For the First Year

Which book would you ladies recommend? I want to get a book that goes over the babies first year. Theres the one by the writers of What to expect when your expecting and the one by the writers of the Baby Bargains Book... Any other suggestions are welcome also. TIA!!

Re: Books For the First Year

• Options
    The only one that I bought was What To Expect The First Year and that was very helpful to me. Sorry I don't have anything new to offer you!
  • Options

imagejenn7200:
    The only one that I bought was What To Expect The First Year and that was very helpful to me. Sorry I don't have anything new to offer you!

I also had this book.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I ordered the same, and also ordered The Happiest Baby on the Block, by Dr. Harvey Karp. He also has a Happiest Toddler book (either just out or coming out) that I would like to get as well. I haven't read either book yet, since I'm still waiting on them to be delivered, but thought I'd pass on my suggestion.

Oh, and if you're into podcasts, try Mommy's Milk and More. You can find it on www.pregtastic.com (another great one for during pregnancy) or on itunes. I love the concept of podcasts, because I get to listen while doing chores around the house, so it's kind of the best of both worlds. If it's a particularly informative episode, I'll sit down on the couch with a notebook and take notes. I already have a lot of great information written down that I can consult at other points in my pregnancy and regarding early days and months with a baby. 

• Options

I recommend Your Baby's First Year Week By Week.

https://www.yourbabysfirstyearbook.com/

• Options

You know, I was so overwhelmed by all the choices that I went with a recommendation from a friend to sign up at americanbaby.com and babycenter.com and got all my information from their weekly emailed newsletters!  :)

I also paid for a subscription to American Baby and Parents Magazine and loved them, I still get them both!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    I have the What to Expect book, plus Touchpoints of Development by T. Berry Brazelton (LOVED), Caring for your Baby & Child by the American Pediatric Assoc. (great b/c it has medical advice) and the Baby Book by Dr. Sears (also good).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I also recommend The Baby Book by Dr. Sears. ?It's not something you'll sit down and read cover to cover one afternoon. But it's a great reference guide for milestones, medicine dosages, and things like that. ??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm a fan of Your Baby's First Year for Dummies.  Informative, yet not dry.  Sense of humor a must.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"