Success after IF

Question-When did you start feeling tired??

When I was PG the first time (almost three years ago) -my first symptom was that I was exhausted!  So sleepy.  I don't feel as tired this go around.  I am worried.  I think this is usually linked directly to progesterone level.  I didn't get my progesterone number from my Dr. during my first two betas (they just said they were good).  I go in to check my progesterone on Wednesday...and now I'm wondering if my  numbers weren't so good because why would they be checking them again?  They're not doing a beta on Wednesday?

I'm concerned! 

Any help would be great!  :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers *all conceived with b2b iui's/injectibles.

Re: Question-When did you start feeling tired??

• I'm a week behind you, but I really haven't felt excessively tired. Although, I'm scared to death of another c/p, so I wish some sort of symptom would show up!! Good luck Wed. I hope everything is fine!
  • The fatigue didn't hit me until 6 weeks.  GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Most symptoms usually kick in around 6 weeks but not so much for me.  I am definitely not as tired as I was last time I was pregnant but I do know my progesterone is higher with this pregnancy.  I told my RE I wasn't exhausted enough and he said it is most likely because I have anxiety.  I'm so busy comparing this pregnancy to the last one and fearing a miscarriage that the worrying is keeping me from just relaxing and sleeping.  That made me feel better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't get tired until week 9... I had finals and had adrenaline pumping!  But since then I get exhausted easily :)  I went to sleep at 6:30 on Friday night!

Me – 33 (no diagnosis), DH – 41 (MFI)

IVF #1/ICSI 2008 – 22 ER, 21 F, Day 3 transfer (8A and 8B) - BFP, 3 Frosties

Surprise BFP 2010

Surprise BFP 2011

Shipped frosties from TX to VA in 2012

FET #1 May 2013, single blast – BFN

FET #2 August 2013 2 blasts – BFN

IVF #2/ICSI/AH Jan 2014 – 8 ER, 7M, 6 F Day 3 transfer (grade 2 & 3), no frosties - BFP!

• I'm sorry you're having a stressful time. The only thing I'd like to say is that pregnancy symptoms can vary (in presence, start and duration) from pregnancy to pregnancy even within a person. Just like each person is unique, each pregnancy is too. Do you best to enjoy it, and take good care of yourself.

I'm sure also that your doc just has their own protocols which is why you're being checked again. Our RE never checked p4 levels during stimms or before trigger, and I saw a lot of people here report on regular blood draws. As it turns out, each office likes to do their own thing.

I'm certainly not discounting your fear, I hope you don't think so because I remember how stressful each step in pregnancy could be. I just wanted to offer some possible alternatives :)

Good luck :)

• Ditto pp- my RE only checked prog level at the first beta (and maybe the 2nd, I don't even know to be honest) so I have no idea about relationship to progesterone levels..

But, I have been relatively symptom free, aside from sore bbs the whole time & I would say in the last week (I'll be 9w tomorrow) I've started feeling like I could take a nap midday (like right now ;)) but not completely exhausted like I hear others talk about... all so variable, it is hard!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"