1st Trimester
Options

Anyone else NOT...

... finding out the sex of their baby until it's born?! I feel like the only person left on the planet. I get lots of comments like:

"What are you going to BUY if you don't know?"

and?

"This is just a PHASE... just wait and see, you'll change your mind."?

oh, and my favorite

"Then why even HAVE a shower!?!"?

I was looking around Babies R Us for gender neutral clothes, etc. and saw next to nothing. When I asked the associate where the "gender neutral" section was, she made a weird noise with her throat and said, "Who DOESN'T find out what they're having?".

Please just pop in and say "Hello" if you're Team Green!?

Married to Patrick - 8.9.08 Mom to Lennon - 9.1.09 Expecting #2 - 5.20.12

Re: Anyone else NOT...

• Options
    I'm not finding out.
  • Options
    Not finding out....
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

there are lots of team green girls. We accidentially found out, but we were team green until 3rd tri!

Have fun with it and don't worry ... people will have comments about EVERYTHING because apparently you being pregnant = no filter on anyone's mouth

• Options
    i plan to find out but i fully support your decision and think people who say stupid things are stupid.  other stores have better options, don't be discouraged.
  • Options

While I am finding out (because I'm impatient) I completely respect you for NOT.  Order a layette for both sexes and return whichever one you DON'T need.  At the beginning, you'll only need a few things and baby clothes are easy to get.

Sorry registering isn't as easy when you're being surprised.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    I am not finding out the sex. We never found out with my DS, and it was the most amazing surprise.Besides, at the end of the PG you need a little surprise to keep you going! You can always put a note in the bridal shower invte that it is going to be a surprise and gift cards would be greatly appreciated. This way when the baby is born you can use all the gift cards to buy gender specific clothing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I will also go out and be controversial...

I'm not even planning on doing a nursery until AFTER the baby is born.?

• Options
    imagerobynlesley:

While I am finding out (because I'm impatient) I completely respect you for NOT.? Order a layette for both sexes and return whichever one you DON'T need.? At the beginning, you'll only need a few things and baby clothes are easy to get.

Sorry registering isn't as easy when you're being surprised.

It's okay... we're not registering until about 20 weeks (at least) anyway... I'm just a bit OCD and wanted to get a "handle" on what was out there!!!! *giggles*?

Married to Patrick - 8.9.08 Mom to Lennon - 9.1.09 Expecting #2 - 5.20.12
  • Options

I am too impatient to wait (so is DH) so we are finding out but I don't see anything wrong with wanting a surprise (and what does that have to do with the shower? you'll need baby stuff even if the baby is a surprise. ugh, some people...).

I agree that gender neutral is close to nothing... ?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we aren't going to find out.  it's one of those real surprises left in life. 
  • Options

imagelocalbs05:
    I am not finding out the sex. We never found out with my DS, and it was the most amazing surprise.Besides, at the end of the PG you need a little?surprise to keep you going! You can always put?a note in the bridal shower invte that it is going to be a surprise and gift cards would be greatly appreciated. This way when the baby is born you can use all the gift cards to buy gender specific clothing.

Um, please don't suggest cash gifts or gift cards in your invites. ?Cash grabs are tacky no matter what the sex is.?

• Options

Honestly? I don't really care if my lil boy is wearing pink, or the other way around. Its a baby! They don't know the difference! Who all is really going to see him/her in the first couple weeks anyways? I say buy whatever catches your eye since now people probably wont be buying you clothes and will get the stuff that is actually on your registery.

Oh...as my siggy says, I'm team green! As a forewarner tho, you'll be getting alot of guesses as to what it is just by how the pregnancy goes. GL!

• Options
    We're not finding out.  And although I haven't checked recently, none of my girlfriends or sister found out and I was always able to find some really cute gender neutral stuff - of course you are pretty much limited to green, yellow and white, but you should be enough to get you started!
  • Options
    We are not finding out either.  my sister- in- law had a baby last year and she didn't find out.  It was so exciting  waiting to hear the sex of the baby!  There are very few surprises in life, so it's nice to hold out on this one!
  • Options
    Please, people are ridiculous w/ their "But Ah just neeeed to know!" I just wrote a reply in the thread above about how amazing it was to be surprised w/ my son; I really can't explain it.  As for baby gear; I would have bought all gender-neutral stuff anyway bc/ I am re-using it all for #2, and no way in hells would I have wanted to spend all that money twice if I had babies of different sexes.  And as for the clothes, I bought some white onesies, some white kimono tees, and a couple bag-gowns w/ ducks or teddies or rattles or whatever on them.  He wore these for about a week, and by then (when I was actually ready to dress him in something "real" anyway), we had received piles of blue boy "welcome to the world" blankets, outfits, pj's, hats, socks.... It was no big deal at all.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm team Green!

This is my theory!!! People LOVE to buy baby clothes... My SIL knew it was a boy... and got a million outfits at her shower... but didn't get her bathtub, stroller, and many many items they needed for a BABY.

My BFF didn't know... and her registry was filled! Didn't get any clothes (cuz you're right, there's hardly anything neutral) but when she had her baby in the hospital, people brought clothes by the armful! She was fine by the time she left the hospital.

Just another great reason to not find out besides all the others.

I love not knowing. It's so much fun.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I respect your control not to want to find out, but we could not wait that long.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we are not finding out.
  • Options
    We will not be finding our either - personally, I love the suspense. I can see it from both sides though.
  • Options

Though we are finding out, I give anyone credit who can wait till the birth to find out the sex of their baby.  And in response to a previous poster, I don't think it's "ridiculous" to want to find out the sex of your baby. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelnallis:
    we aren't going to find out.  it's one of those real surprises left in life. 

This is how I feel, but I must admit that I have considered changing my mind lately after looking at nursery stuff.  DH really wants to find out.

• Options

We're not finding out. ?DH & I have always known that we wouldn't find out. ?I think it makes the whole process more exciting...but that's just my opinion. ?:-)

Also...I think stores have gotten much better in recent years with the gender neutral clothes...orange, light green, yellow (of course), light beige, red...?

• Options

we didnt find out with our first and it drove everyone nuts!  we found plenty of gender neutral stuff...and believe me.. once you deliver and everyone knows the sex, you will again be showered with little clothes in pink or blue!!   we are choosing to find out this time... partly too so I can either keep "all" the clothes I saved or give them away and start over.  Enjoy the mystery of it...there arent many things you can do like this!!

Oh and I am not sure when you are due.. but I got the cutest Sweet Pea outfit at Gymboree yesterday... its gender neutral in Green!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"