Infertility
Options

Ugh, friend vent

Let me preface this with I hate Facebook, it is the devil for anyone dealing with IF.

I was totally trolling around Facebook looking at what my friends with kids are doing, since I never hear from them, and see that all of them are planning baby playdates, mommy night outs, or family dinners. It makes me so sad:( Now I am sitting here alone on a Saturday night feeling sorry for myself. Sad 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ugh, friend vent

• Options

I hear ya!  I had a similar thing happen, though not on Facebook.  My husband and I participated in a bible study with some friends that went to a different church.  It started as a "young marrieds" group.  It has since went on to become a "parents" group.  Since DH and I are not parents yet, we are no longer invited.  I'm sad. 

*hugs* Someday you will be in on those fun things too!

• Options
    i'm sorry.  i know how you feel
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I can completely understand.

On the positive side, though, if you and your H want to take off this evening to go see a movie or get some Waffle House at 2am, you don't have to worry about waking the baby or finding a babysitter :)  That's how I have been trying to deal with those feelings.

• Options
    I am with ya!   I am stuck between my friends with no kids and not married and my married friends with kids. I a
    Years of trying and treatment, IVF#1 brought us our darling C!
  • Options
    I am with ya!   I am stuck between my friends with no kids and not married and my married friends with kids. I am
  • Options
    I am with ya!   I am stuck between my friends with no kids and not married and my married friends with kids. I am not
  • Options
    I am with ya!   I am stuck between my friends with no kids and not married and my married friends with kids. I am not fun
  • Options
    I am with ya!   I am stuck between my friends with no kids and not married and my married friends with kids. I am not fun because
  • Options
    I am with ya!   I am stuck between my friends with no kids and not married and my married friends with kids. I am not fun because I
  • Options
    I am with ya!   I am stuck between my friends with no kids and not married and my married friends with kids. I am not fun because I am
  • Options
    I am with ya!   I am stuck between my friends with no kids and not married and my married friends with kids. I am not fun because I am not
  • Options
    What the HELL? Sorry, I don't know what happened.  I swear that was not on purpose.  I guess I really, really understand.  I am going to try to delete those.
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean, we are the last of our friends without kids, and looking at myspace and facebook, just hurts. 
  • Options

I totally feel your pain!

In the spirit of looking on the bright side, tonight we were able to accept a spontaneous dinner invitation from friends, because we didn't have to worry about a babysitter. 

• Options

I'm sorry :(

It is so hard; it feels like everyone else's life has moved on- in the direction we want to go.

hugs.?

• Options
    imagepreheatedoven:

Let me preface this with I hate Facebook, it is the devil for anyone dealing with IF.

I was totally trolling around Facebook looking at what my friends with kids are doing, since I never hear from them, and see that all of them are planning baby playdates, mommy night outs, or family dinners. It makes me so sad:( Now I am sitting here alone on a Saturday night feeling sorry for myself. Sad 

This is why I am not on there and will not go on there until I am safely out of the 1st tri. I joust found out that one of my ex's friended my brother-he and his wife have 4 kids....I just cannot take it. I can hear about it but I cannot see it on there and then have to open that door...too painful.

• Options

I know.  One of my friends had as her status:" __________ is pregnant!  It only takes one time, people!"

I wanted to rip her eyes out.

PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    OMG@gringa!  I would have absolutely killed her.  I hate those comments more than anything.
  • Options

I feel your pain - we are either left out from all of the kid activities or not traveling the world with our single or newly married friends because we are dealing with treatments, money, etc. for IF.

And gringa, that is horrible. FB can be the WORST!

• Options

imagegringa78:

I know.  One of my friends had as her status:" __________ is pregnant!  It only takes one time, people!"

I wanted to rip her eyes out.

That is TERRIBLE! :( I'm sorry 

• Options
    That's truly horrible!
    I could understand if they created a separate group, but to completely "uninvite" you guys to a "Young marrieds" group is terrible  *hugS*
    Wife. MoM {1G + BBG triplets}. DIY'er. Quilter. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"