2nd Trimester
Options

do you get full super fast??

I eat and bam, feel really uncomfortable. ?I don't remember this happening until much later in pregnancy with ds. ?Is this happening to other 2nd tri's?

Re: do you get full super fast??

• Options
    this didn't hit me til about a week or two ago... maybe since it's your 2nd?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    For me this started around 8 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG I was just saying this today.  I haven't been able to eat much and today was a good day and I went to a graduation party and I had one piece of pizza that was sooo good and I WANTED to eat more, but I couldn't because I was soo full. 
  • Options
    I have had this since week 9 or so.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Today for breakfast I had 2 pancakes and a sausage link with a glass of milk and couldn't eat another bite. I did pretty well at lunch, but then at dinner I had two slivers of pizza and a couple of scrawny jo-jos and was totally stuffed.

This is a recent development, though- I think it's due to the fact that I've been grazing a lot.. for the last few weeks instead of eating meals I was having (for example) a banana and milk for breakfast, crackers and an apple as a snack an hour or so later, a sandwich and juice for lunch, a salad a little bit later, etc.?

• Options

Yes, it's happening to me, and since I'm so freaking hungry all the time, I have to eat small amounts on the hour.  I feel like a little kid, not leaving the house without a granola bar and some trail mix in my purse.  Embarrassed

This is my first pregnancy, so I have nothing to compare it to.  I imagine it will get worse and worse as my pregnancy continues... I guess at that point I'll be eating almost constantly, in order to get enough food, but without eating more than a tiny snack in one sitting!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yep, this started around 8 wks for me too
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I go through spells where three bites and I'm full or I just can't get enough.  I never know which it's going to be.  My dh finds it amusing.

• Options
    This started really early for me also maybe 8 weeks like the pp's?  It seems I've been driven to eat smaller meals all day long and even in the middle of the night so I'm not starving when I wake up
  • Options
    I thought I was going crazy.  I feel so full all day long.  It's almost that feeling like I just has Thanksgiving dinner.  I have to force myself to eat because I know the baby needs food.  It's so nice to hear other people feel like this too.  Does anyone know why this happens?  I thought we were supposed to be hungry all the time.
  • Options
    yes!!!  I dont remeber that happening til later also with DS
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, but I've got two in there taking up room.  That might be why it's earlier for me.  I can eat about half of what I used to before I get miserably full. 
  • Options

totally happening to me too!  But, like others have said, I am hungry most of the day so I eat little things throughout.

I have actually started to get up in the early morning (3 or 4) bc I am so hungry...so I will get a yugort or something to tide me over.  Otherwise I can't fall asleep!

• Options
    This seems to happen to me at night!  I am usually okay with lunch, but at night if I eat anywhere even close to my normal size dinner I am full for like 5 hours afterwards and am soooo uncomfortable!  I went out to an asian restaurant with a friend last sunday and it was sooo good, so I ate probably 2/4 of it....and oohhh did I regret it!  I think I have had this since week 10 or so.
  • Options

imageLissard4:
    I thought I was going crazy.  I feel so full all day long.  It's almost that feeling like I just has Thanksgiving dinner.  I have to force myself to eat because I know the baby needs food.  It's so nice to hear other people feel like this too.  Does anyone know why this happens?  I thought we were supposed to be hungry all the time.

You probably are still hungry all the time, but because of the discomfort, your body is able to supress the hunger pangs. For me, it's been a goofy feeling for the past couple weeks, because I am both famished almost all the time, but I feel full so very easily. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Me too! I've been getting full so quickly lately! Glad to know I'm not the only one!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    YES!!  I used to have a large appetite and eat tons.  Now I take a few bites and am full.  I guess that has also contributed to me losing 3 pounds.
  • Options
    yep...around 8 or 9 months
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This has just started happening to me too.
  • Options
    OMG - SO annoying. I get this too. I can never finish a full portion, and I used to be a big-portion person. I hate it.
  • Options
    No, not yet at least.  All I want to do is eat!
  • Options
    YES! Just last week I couldn't finish my yummy diner breakfast. It was so strange, all of a sudden now I can't eat very much at a time. I'm a little concerned about DH's waistline because so far, he's eating anything I can't :)
  • Options
    yes ladies, I too feel the same way...things smell so good!!!! but I cant eat them cause I fill up on one measley sandwich! maybe I wont gain too much weight them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"