South Florida Babies

My child and her poop= BIG PROBLEM!

Please tell me if this is right or not...

Nadia has EXPLOSIVE poop! (you guys are all mommy's so I know you can deal with the details). When the kid poops, it's EVERY WHERE (onesie, pants, down her legs, up her back, etc. This happens once, sometimes twice a day.

I just wash her in the sink when I am home, but when I am out it gets a little messy.

Is this normal? I tried putting her in BIGGER diapers and it still happens. (she's in a size 3, can't go any bigger).

Re: My child and her poop= BIG PROBLEM!

• That happened to me with Mateo a few times but I don't remember it being too often. We did cut off a few outfits though, once it was everywhere it was much easier to cut it off than deal with it. 

• In almost 10 mos. Ayden has probably done this, 4 times, and 2x's while we were out. It's gotta be, something she's eating, but def. not normal, or an everyday issue. I do carry an extra outfit, wash cloth, and a ziplock in his diaper bag, in case this happens.

GL

• Loading the player...
  • Oh no! Have you talked to the pedi about it yet?? Once or twice a day does not seem normal. Does she seem to be in any discomfort while she is pooping?

Zachary's poop is sometimes super watery and it will leak out of the diaper. This happens a couple of times a week but not every day. I switched him to Similac Sensitive (pedi said this was a great choice if he has been fussy - he is no longer fussy between feedings) and the poop continued to be this way so I asked the pedi about it last week when we went for his 2 month visit... he said the watery poop may actually be a sign of over feeding (though most often you can't tell very much at all based on the state of a baby's poop, interestingly enough).

He said sometimes the baby does not realize he is full and it's easy for mommy to just keep forcing the formula since the baby isn't really turning it away. He suggested watering the formula down a bit (just one ounce or so, not too much) or just watching the baby carefully for signs that he might be filling up and not letting him having too much.

I know that Nadia eats a lot (just like Zachary) and maybe that's what is giving her this problem. Who knows?? Personally I haven't been that great at watching lately... I just think he is hungry all the time! If I were you I would just watch how she eats and maybe fill her bottle with 5oz instead of 6 and see if that will continue to satisfy her... maybe my pedi is right and her poops will firm up! I need to take my own advice!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• i have a few friends whose babies have blowouts like, everyday. but i think it's cause they are breastfed. Zoe's only had 2 blowouts ever... i would call the pedi just to see what they think. it might be normal though!
  • imagekarenlisaphoto:

Oh no! Have you talked to the pedi about it yet?? Once or twice a day does not seem normal. Does she seem to be in any discomfort while she is pooping?

Zachary's poop is sometimes super watery and it will leak out of the diaper. This happens a couple of times a week but not every day. I switched him to Similac Sensitive (pedi said this was a great choice if he has been fussy - he is no longer fussy between feedings) and the poop continued to be this way so I asked the pedi about it last week when we went for his 2 month visit... he said the watery poop may actually be a sign of over feeding (though most often you can't tell very much at all based on the state of a baby's poop, interestingly enough).

He said sometimes the baby does not realize he is full and it's easy for mommy to just keep forcing the formula since the baby isn't really turning it away. He suggested watering the formula down a bit (just one ounce or so, not too much) or just watching the baby carefully for signs that he might be filling up and not letting him having too much.

I know that Nadia eats a lot (just like Zachary) and maybe that's what is giving her this problem. Who knows?? Personally I haven't been that great at watching lately... I just think he is hungry all the time! If I were you I would just watch how she eats and maybe fill her bottle with 5oz instead of 6 and see if that will continue to satisfy her... maybe my pedi is right and her poops will firm up! I need to take my own advice!!!

Yes- we live with the same type of children. Nadia is a BIG eater like Zachary. Maybe she is eating too much? But she seriously WANTS more. Sometimes the bottle is finished and she is sticking her hand in her mouth, kicking her feet and fussing for a refill! So I do... This morning she downed a 7 ounce bottle and then asked for more.. She ended up drinking a total of 8.5 ounces. After she had that last ounce and a half, she was smiling, happy and calm.

We have a big spit up issue here too though... Some days there's a lot coming back up. (which I contributed to her tummy just giving me back what it couldn't handle)

Her poop is definetly watery like you said. That's most of what leaks out of the diaper. It's super confusing because- what is baby poop supposed to look like? (There is a little consistency to it, in addition to the water, it's not all water).

You got me thinking about the similac sensitive rs... it's supposed to reduce spit up by 54% and you said Zachary was switched to sensitive...

Here's the thing- she doesn't seem to be in any pain or discomfort! She just poops  and spits up alot. Most of the time she's happy while it's happening...

• I carry like three outifits! Yesterday I used ALL OF THEM!
  • The samething happend to Jaelyn (exactly like Nadia) I told the doctor and he changed her milk. Talk to your doctor and let him/her know and the would probably change her milk.
  • Andrew has huge poops now that he's only having a BM every 24-36 hours.  It's so messy!  It's a definite outfit ruin every time.  It can go through denium jeams even.

I was told that when BF babies start going longer between poops, it's supposed to be a lot at one time.  I figure it's just normal because it's all got to go somewhere.  He's 13 pounds in a size 2 so I don't think a bigger diaper is the answer.  We just change him as soon as we feel or hear it! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mari, email me with your email address, we can compare notes about our big babies who love to eat!! my personal email is kziemkowski@gmail.com!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• This is not going to be a popular answer to your problem, but speak to your pedi about starting cereal on the spoon at 3 months.  Nicholas was excessively hungry when he was Nadia's age and starting cereal at 3.5 months helped him tremendously.  To this day, no one can believe the appetite on a child his size.  He can really eat!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"