Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Anyone else need a pick-me-up?

How about a gratitude post?  I could use one just about now, so here goes.  Please feel free to join in. 

=)

1. My wonderful husband who is the most consistent person I've ever met.  Really and truly, despite all my silly rants about him, he's the best.  I love him like no other. 

2. My mom is not only feeling better, but is (finally) taking steps to help her physical situation overall.  She's started a 3x weekly physical therapy program with one of the finest PT's I've ever encountered.  

3. God's timing in every part of my life.  Sometimes, I reflect on the events of my life and just shake my head at how He put it all together.  

4. Joshie finally cut his four canine teeth.  I swear, he had his molars before anything else (except the front bottom two incisors).  The past two weeks have been heck for the poor little guy, and they're finally through.  

5. Ice in my glass.  I love ice.  It makes me feel like the world is going to be okay.  Illogical, I know, but still.  

6. The realization tonight that I hadn't opened a package of paper napkins since MAY of last year!  WOW -- isn't that cool??

Re: Anyone else need a pick-me-up?

• Options

1) My son turned ONE today.  The first four months were terrible.  We both cried A LOT.  When I look at him today, I am so over-the-moon in love with him, I can't believe it.  I am in awe of him, the things he's learned, the little toddler he's becoming.

2) We went to the Nature and Science Museum on Thursday as a family.  My almost 3-year-old had a wonderful time and soaked in the knowledge like a sponge.  When I put him to bed that night, he told me about the monkeys that turned into homo-sapiens and it was called evolution.  As biology (population and organisms specifically) is my passion (and degree), I was the proudest mommy ever. 

3) My dad spent his 69th year of life with a bowel obstruction, emergency surgery, prostate cancer, pulmonary embolism, a car crash, and more.  And he's turning 70 in 2 months and is healthy, mentally and physically.  I'm so happy to have him in my life.

4) DH goes to work every.single.day and works his butt off so our family has so many wonderful things.  He longs to be a SAHD, and is envious of my situation, but still does his job.  He drives me nuts a lot, but I am proud of him and extremely appreciative.  

That felt great, and just was what I needed - thanks Glad!

Our Little Fur Family
    My Three Sons
    #1: 2.06 #2: 1.08 #3: 9.10

DS #3 diagnosed at birth with panhypopituitarism - lack of pituitary function. He is treated with thyroxine, hydrocortisone, growth hormone and testosterone.

• Options

1.  My husband, who takes my bitchiness with a smile and continues to love me unconditionally.  I try to never complain about him... my complaints would sound insane to anyone else anyways :-P

2. Noah's smiles.  he's so happy and I love watching him figure out everything in this world.

3.  online friends.  some of the best friends i've made in the past few years have been through the knot/nest.

4.  my brother has cerebral palsy and has to struggle every day to do tasks that other people wouldn't even think of, but he smiles every day and is the happiest (and coolest- but don't tell him i said that) kid i've ever met.

5.  I guess to sum it all up, my family.  not just the one i was born into, but the one i've chosen as well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. My husband puts up with me and goes along with whatever I say, regardless of how out there it is.  I honestly don't know how he does it!

2. Even though I grumble about being up at 6am every morning, I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I love my early morning alone time with my son and I'm going to miss him so so so so much when we go away this week.

3. My family.  All 348 of them.  They're the best support network a girl could ask for and every one of them would help us out in a heartbeat- and we would do the same.

4. The fact that my biggest worry in the world right now is DSs allergies.  Seems like a pretty small and insignificant worry in the grand scheme of things.  I'm really lucky and try not to take anything for granted.

5. My friends- they are my extended family and I don't know what I'd do without them- and they're all having babies right now too and I love that DS will grow up with friends that are all brought up with similar values.

DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"