Breastfeeding

Please help! Supply tanked after 1st AF.

When my AF was here last week. Starting last Sunday, when it ended, my supply tanked. I have not been able to get more than 3 oz pumped per day on top of my regular breastfeeding of my baby.

Here is what I have done to increase:

3 Fenugreek tabs 3x daily

Tons of water

Mothers Milk tea

1 very "hoppy" beer daily

Power pumping 1x daily

Sadly, my daughter is suffering the effects of this as she is never full and is waking up every 2 hours at night.  Typically, she sleeps 6-8 hours at a stretch.

Thanks again!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Please help! Supply tanked after 1st AF.

• Are you sure it's not just a growth spurt?  Pumping isn't a good indicator of your supply. 

That being said, my supply tanked after I had a cold a month of so ago and I had fantastic results with More Milk Plus.  

• Loading the player...
  • Ditto Beasley; I saw good results after a while with MM plus.  In addition to the power pumping (had to do that a few days in a row to see any change), are you adding extra pumping sessions inbetween (immediately after) feedings?  That's the thing that's helped my supply go right back up to pre-AF status.  You're doing all the right things; hang in there!  I'd think your DD might be hitting her 3 month growth spurt as well, or just changing sleeping patterns anyways; that's what our DD did around the same age.  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! She may be having another growth spurt....I will try adding more sessions and look into the pills
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"