Infertility

How often does SA need to be done?

DH had an SA in July and we conceived in Sept through TI - his SA came out really good (though it wasn't the special ones that REs do to test all the morphologies).....

we lost our babies in Jan because of an issue with me 

we are going to try again in April/May

If DH already had an SA that was good and we conceived through TI - does he need to do another SA again ? Is it possible his sperm could have changed in the last couple months (he is 31)?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How often does SA need to be done?

• I don't see why he would need one. My DH had his first and only one when we started with the RE almost 2 years ago, he's almost 29.  Maybe the MF ladies would know if it's possible to have a sperm change in a short period of time.
  • My husband was borderline normal when he had his original SA done.  My new ob/gyn wanted him to have another done to see if the results were similar.  It's been about a year and a half.
  • Loading the player...
  • MFI lady here:) My DH has an SA every three months, which is how long sperm take to mature. Basically every three months there is a new crop (probably a better term for that....) of new sperm:)
  • My RE will redo an SA after a year of them not having a sample to look at. ?So he did his?initial?2 SA's in October, and we're doing IVF now, with ER being on Tuesday where he will provide a sample again. ?The ER will basically reset our year since they'll be able to look at his sample for the ER as they're picking out the guys they'll use to ICSI my eggs. ?Our issue was morph, which as far as the RE and urologist is concerned, can not be fixed. ?His count and motility were fine.
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My RE requires all testing to be re-done every six months, including SA.  The only thing he doesn't require redone is an HSG, but does require a Hysteroscopy every six months.
  • My DH had an SA done at the beginning of Nov and it came back with low motility.  He had another at the beginning of Dec and it came back normal (with grade 2 motility, so slight issues).  Our RE said he didn't need another one because that the last one was "normal enough for him".
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"