Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

If you had your STD extended by your OB....

....and had a vaginal delivery (usually 6 weeks PP), for what reason???

I'm sure when I see my OB @ 6 weeks PP, I'll be healed just fine, however, I'm going to stay home with DD for another week and 1/2 before going back to work.  This week and 1/2 won't be paid and that's okay (well, not okay, but we'll manage, lol) but I'm just wondering if it was extended at all from your Dr, for what reason(s)?  Thanks ladies :)

Chad and Emily - 10/28/06 Abigail Suzanne - 1/6/09 Corbin David - 11/6/12

Re: If you had your STD extended by your OB....

• Options
    I totally read that "sexually transmitted disease"  hahahaha
  • Options

I haven't had that conversation yet, and trying not to get too far ahead of myself just yet, but have you considered paid family leave?  I'm in CA, and it sounds like after the 6 weeks, you can get another 6 weeks pfl.  I plan on doing that rather than getting an extension, but we'll see.

How is your Abigail doing?  She is so so beautiful.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemrskeller825:

I haven't had that conversation yet, and trying not to get too far ahead of myself just yet, but have you considered paid family leave?  I'm in CA, and it sounds like after the 6 weeks, you can get another 6 weeks pfl.  I plan on doing that rather than getting an extension, but we'll see.

Yeah, California is special....they have lots of rules/regulations/laws that all the other states don't have...which includes paid family leave!  (not fair!, lol)  New Jersey will be getting this as of July 1st, paid FMLA (paid just like short term disability, so not 100% pay) so DH will get that then as he works in NJ (I work in NY)  So unfortunately, I can take the time off but it's not paid.

My Abigail is doing great!  She's such a good baby although "Crabby Abby" has shown her true colors a few times these past few days, whew, can that girl get pissed off!  :)  How's your Abigail doing?  She's also adorable!!!

• Options

imageFolanMama:
    I totally read that "sexually transmitted disease"  hahahaha

Hahaha, I used to do this too....for the longest time on the chat boards I was like "WTF is STD?!?!  All these people keep talking about sexually transmitted diseases???"

• Options
    imageAngelGirlEms:
    imagemrskeller825:

Yeah, California is special....they have lots of rules/regulations/laws that all the other states don't have...which includes paid family leave!  (not fair!, lol)  New Jersey will be getting this as of July 1st, paid FMLA (paid just like short term disability, so not 100% pay) so DH will get that then as he works in NJ (I work in NY)  So unfortunately, I can take the time off but it's not paid.

My Abigail is doing great!  She's such a good baby although "Crabby Abby" has shown her true colors a few times these past few days, whew, can that girl get pissed off!  :)  How's your Abigail doing?  She's also adorable!!!

Our Abbey is doing great too!  Funny- we have a crabby abbey too at times- actually right now I hear daddy with her lol!  She's eating a ton- we're doing formula, so she'd downing 4 oz per feeding.  She's fun though... can't get enough of her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagemrskeller825:
    imageAngelGirlEms:
    imagemrskeller825:

Our Abbey is doing great too!  Funny- we have a crabby abbey too at times- actually right now I hear daddy with her lol!  She's eating a ton- we're doing formula, so she'd downing 4 oz per feeding.  She's fun though... can't get enough of her.

We're also doing formula and she's up to 3-3.5 oz now.  She defintely doesn't have a problem eating, this kid is like clockwork, every 3 hours she's hungry!  (makes for sleeping at night rough!)

• Options
    imageAngelGirlEms:
    imagemrskeller825:
    imageAngelGirlEms:
    imagemrskeller825:

We're also doing formula and she's up to 3-3.5 oz now.  She defintely doesn't have a problem eating, this kid is like clockwork, every 3 hours she's hungry!  (makes for sleeping at night rough!)

I hear you on the sleeping.  We're not clockwork with anything just yet though.  During the day we eat every 3-4 hours, yet at night we're more like 2-3- oh well- someday we'll sleep again... right?

• Options
    a friend of mine complained of back pain and got a note for 2 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I posted a question about maternity leave a couple of posts down.  I have only 4 weeks paid maternity leave.  I was hoping to extend for another 2 more weeks but when I asked my OB she refused saying that I had no complications from my C-Section.  I guess it didn't help that I didn't see her personally either.  Now, if I want to extend I either have to go without pay or **HOPE** that somehow my DS's pedi will provide me with one. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My midwife wrote a letter saying that because of "a medical condition" I needed to be out for 12 weeks. I had to beg and plead her to do that for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"