Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Do herniated belly buttons hurt?

I think DD has a VERY small one, but I will confirm it with the pedi this week. I wonder if it hurts her at all since most info I've read says that they heal on their own.

Re: Do herniated belly buttons hurt?

• Options
    They should not usually hurt - if it ever seems like it's causing your DD pain you should definitely talk to a pedi right away. If it's painful it can indicate that it's trapped out, and that isn't good. My pedi also told us to periodically work it back down gently, just to make sure that it isn't trapped.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    When she strains her belly button pops half out and when I push it back in it makes a squishing noise, did that happen with your LO Rach03k? I just noticed it tonight and since she has been fussy this week I wonder if they are related and if I should take her to the emergency? I am probably overreacting since I didn't even see it until now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

my DD had one, and every monthince  it has improved. she was 6 weeks when i noticed it and it got bigger before it improved.   they do not hurt (unless the bowel gets stuck, but then your DC would seem to be in pain and be vomiting)  when they cry the hernia will be more pronounced but  You should be able to reduce it easily (push it back in and it will make the squishy sound) 95 % resolve on there own by age 2. and the rest can be surgical repaired.  My pedi said she has only had two patients who required repair and those were siblings. 

i just had DD wear onsies so it wouldn't be so noticable.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageHollyLuv:
    When she strains her belly button pops half out and when I push it back in it makes a squishing noise, did that happen with your LO Rach03k? I just noticed it tonight and since she has been fussy this week I wonder if they are related and if I should take her to the emergency? I am probably overreacting since I didn't even see it until now.

Yup, his did the same thing. I wouldn't take her to the ER, but if you're concerned you might call the pedi or something. 

DS used to have a huge one, comically huge, lol. It's just lately started to go back in on it's own, it's almost gone now. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thank you both SOOOO much! Once I heard the squishing I freaked myself out, but knowing that is normal makes me feel better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"